Attack Phantom ready on standby pad. Rat stealing maters

Reaction score
Had enough by god. My Phantom 1.0 is on standby right now on the pool patio for the rat stealing my tomatoes. I know he'll freeze up when the motors kick in, the motion lights will turn on when it lifts off. I dont have any roman candles hooked up yet but I'm gonna go kamakazi on him. I may lose a prop or two but the props will shred him like confetti before they get stopped by the fence. Speakers would be nice with some Flight of the Valkaries blaring as he makes a run for the bushes. GoPro camera onboard too for gun camera video. I've got a security video camera aimed at the garden so I'll know when he tip toes in. Lift off, pitch the front down and max throttle should do it unless he has moves like James Brown.

Might be cheaper to just buy some maters. :)

popcorn-1250.gif
Subscribed...

Fred you have made my day. Setting hear on the net reading all the depressing stuff about stupid pilots flying where they have no business flying is dam depressing to say the lest. I happen to come on to your post and it gave me a smile ear to ear you truly did. Nice to read about the light side of our sport.
Looks like you have your flight plan down solid for sure. But I am concerned that PETA will get wind of this and blow the lid sky high or the RAT will be the last serving Tomato Rat on earth prompting US Fish And Wildlife to get their panty's in a bunch and come calling. Buy all means get that video posted as it would be a splattering success I'm sure. Also if you lose a prop I have a new set of carbon fiber I would donate to the cause.
Thanks for the smile lefty8415

lefty8415 said:
Fred you have made my day. Setting hear on the net reading all the depressing stuff about stupid pilots flying where they have no business flying is dam depressing to say the lest. I happen to come on to your post and it gave me a smile ear to ear you truly did. Nice to read about the light side of our sport.
Looks like you have your flight plan down solid for sure. But I am concerned that PETA will get wind of this and blow the lid sky high or the RAT will be the last serving Tomato Rat on earth prompting US Fish And Wildlife to get their panty's in a bunch and come calling. Buy all means get that video posted as it would be a splattering success I'm sure. Also if you lose a prop I have a new set of carbon fiber I would donate to the cause.
Thanks for the smile lefty8415

I have started my own organization with the acronym PETA. But mine is way better....

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

You need a 'copter that flies up side down so you can get the rotor right tight to the rat! :)
Or rent my avatar......

He didn't show last night, I think he saw the Phantom on the ready pad waiting. I left a couple tomaters in reach to tempt him tonight. Someone sent me a video of a quadcopter with a Airsoft gun on it. Not sure how the guy triggered the airsoft gun though. I know I could use my 2nd cellphone as a trigger but that's a lot of weight for just a switch.

Happyflyer, the neighbors have 2 big cats that patrol my backyard but neither is worth a spit. They always come sneaking and peaking 15 mins after the rat has cleaned me out. I told one cat he was fired but he just gave me that usual cat look like he could give a hoot and he went back to stretching out in the shade. I think he's a union cat.

FredMurtz said:
I told one cat he was fired but he just gave me that usual cat look like he could give a hoot and he went back to stretching out in the shade. I think he's a union cat.

I had to laugh at that one....and i know that look. I think the thought going through their head is something like
"Stop talking to me hooman"

FredMurtz said:
....Happyflyer, the neighbors have 2 big cats that patrol my backyard but neither is worth a spit. They always come sneaking and peaking 15 mins after the rat has cleaned me out. I told one cat he was fired but he just gave me that usual cat look like he could give a hoot and he went back to stretching out in the shade. I think he's a union cat.
Well, you just have to pay them the union scale. ;)
My avatar, R.T., stood motionless one time and the chipmunk walked right up to him. R.T. took a swing at chippie, with claws retracted, and that munk must have jumped 8 feet in the air. I about died laughing after that event. :lol:
The cat I had before R.T. caught EVERYTHING out in the yard. He once eyed up a deer walking thru the yard, but I broke that up. Union cat, that is a good one. The old story goes, "Dogs have owners, cats have staff."

Rat was a no show the last 2 nights I stayed up late waiting and watching the security cam. It's raining here tonight so no flying till Monday it looks like. The big orange neighbor cat has really been snooping around lately, I think he knows a rat sammich is nearby. He might have got the rat too but I haven't found a carcass yet, just all the lizards he's picked off.

A peek inside the secret underground command center. Camera 6 is the target area and open flying. The launch will be to the left in that camera 6 where the rat cant see me or the Phantom, and a quick RH turn around the wall and engage target. If he comes to the melons on camera 3 when they get ripe that could be tricky flying with some young trees in the way there. If I hit the rat with just the props will it carthweel the Phantom like on a tip over? This mission is code named "BLT Sammiches" cuz I can't have no BLTs without my tomaters.

Attachments

• 20140802_224154[1].jpg
    20140802_224154[1].jpg
    521 KB · Views: 401
Pool is about to get a new plaster job. Yeah the limb on cam 1 just cam down off the avocado tree in a windstorm, gonna finish cutting it up today

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattnn