Attaching stuffed animal to drone

Reaction score
So decided to see if the drone could carry a small stuff animal penguin. I was speculative at first, not sure if it work. But once I tied the penguin to the drone's landing gear, took off and the drone had no problem carrying it. Didn't lose balance or cause it to crash.

But it was really cool to get that on video of a stuffed penguin 400 feet in the air. Makes for a unique video instead of the same old boring drone video over the neighborhood.

Figured if people could use drones for fishing, then a small hand sized stuffed animal should be no problem. I watched another video doing a weight test of what the drone can carry, and it was able to do a gallon milk jug about 1/4 full, about 2 lb.

What else could I attach? Saw another video of a guy doing fireworks on a drone.

You are intent on breaking safety regs (see other long distance post), being unsafe and eventually destroying your MR at best, or hurting someone in the process at worst. You are a great example of why this hobby is getting bad press and regulated. How about you really read you owners manual a few times. Absorb the abundant safety warnings, and then try to fly safely.

I've read your other posts. You have only the barest minimum of experience and your already flying well beyond VLOS , far enough your loosing video, and now with stuffed animals tied to it. OMG!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yea, I mean if that stuffed animal falls to the ground at 400 feet it'll smash right through the earth and cause an event similar to the one that killed off the dinosaurs. :rolleyes:

You are intent on breaking safety regs (see other long distance post), being unsafe and eventually destroying your MR at best, or hurting someone in the process at worst. You are a great example of why this hobby is getting bad press and regulated. How about you really read you owners manual a few times. Absorb the abundant safety warnings, and then try to fly safely.

I've read your other posts. You have only the barest minimum of experience and your already flying well beyond VLOS , far enough your loosing video, and now with stuffed animals tied to it. OMG!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't know... I think this guy is just trying to get people riled up... almost everything he discusses is a hot button issue:

1. just got my Phantom... don't know how to fly it.. teach me
2. want to use my Phantom for commercial purposes
3. tying stuffed animals to it
4. flying way beyond VLOS

I'm suspicious that he might be trolling.

Not a Phantom but and Inspire.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Reed L

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers