Attach an Old iPhone for GPS Tracking?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm considering attaching an old iPhone 3GS with a PAYG SIM to act as a GPS tracker to my Vision Plus in case the unthinkable happens and I get a flyaway. Whilst I am taking all the precautions to ensure a flyaway doesn't happen, it's always at the back of my mind making me very nervous as I really don't want to loose close to £1k... (wife would kill me!!) :) I could use things like Find Friends, Find my iPhone, or some GPS tracking app that runs in the background (know of any good apps?).

So, does anyone have any suggestions on how best to attach an iPhone to the quadcopter itself? From my playing with different locations, it seems to fit best just under the battery as it shouldn't get in the way much there. However I need something strong enough to hold it in place but easily releasable so I can remove the battery... thoughts?

Would velcro be strong enough? I'd also need to attach velcro to the iPhone so I'm not worried about using super glue if necessary.

All suggestions welcome. :)

Thanks!

Many folks are buying a TK102B mini gps tracker. You can find them for under $50. You then need to get a sim card and activate a pay as you go cell plan to communicate via text messaging with another cell phone. There are a number of past posts that have been made about this. I think a GPS tracker is a great idea! Good luck!

Many folks are buying a TK102B mini gps tracker. You can find them for under $50. You then need to get a sim card and activate a pay as you go cell plan to communicate via text messaging with another cell phone. There are a number of past posts that have been made about this. I think a GPS tracker is a great idea! Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj