Atlanta (Metro)

Classic, that was freaking amazing

I'm up for some flying. Any sat works for me really. I'm in buckhead.

Where do you fly? I'm looking for some really open space to build my flying skills (and confidence with the drone)

Hey everyone!

I live in the duluth area, which is north of downtown Atlanta.
I got to take my drone to Iceland recently and capture some amazing footages.
You can check it out here: https://vimeo.com/classicthirty/byrjunin

If anyone is down to fly with me around Atlanta, let me know!
I watched your Iceland video. Amazing! You are a great pilot and a great video editor. And I appreciate the Scripture too. I live on the south side of Atlanta, just got a P3S, and can't wait to get to your level.

This weekend is going to be some bad weather - snow/freezing rain etc.

But weather permitting, would love to get some folks together in metro atl and fly.

I only know of Piedmont Park in ATL. Actually Fowler park in Cumming is good too. There have been some suggestions - i think one was up north 85/985 area.

Mike any good open areas in your area south of the city?

I have some ideas but I'm still trying to figure out where flying is allowed or prohibited. Here in Henry County we have a county facility designed for model airplane flying but I don't know what the policy is on drones. I'll look into that. Do the Georgia State Parks have rules against drones? If not Indian Springs State Park would be a cool place. I don't think the weather is going to be very cooperative this Saturday.

Whats the name of this facility?

I'm fairly certain state or federal parks don't allow drones, but I would have to check to confirm.

Weather is NOT going to be cooperative this weekend at all. Sat will be snowy (more atl southward) and Sun very cold (not good for flying)..

Another weekend for sure

I have a place on Allatoona and would be willing to host a day sometime. Right now some of the coves are dry (starting to fill back up) and some cool sights around the lake. 40 minutes from midtown.

Whats the name of this facility?

I'm fairly certain state or federal parks don't allow drones, but I would have to check to confirm.

Weather is NOT going to be cooperative this weekend at all. Sat will be snowy (more atl southward) and Sun very cold (not good for flying)..

Another weekend for sure
I found out the park is under the control of a local RC model airplane group. Here is the link: Henry County RC Club, henrycountyrc. Don't know yet if they allow quadcopters but I'm not sure I want to jump through their hoops. And I found out no state parks allow drones, except for Ga Veterans in Cordele, which has an RC airstrip. So no good suggestions at the moment. I'll keep looking.

I am not sure, but i think you are not allowed to fly inside stone mountain park. I may be wrong. Anybody flying recently at Stone Mountain park

Great collection. Do they allow flying from inside the parks. In Gwinnett i know that you are not allowed to fly any remote controlled aircraft within the parks. Let me know if you guys have personally flown in one of the 10 places listed.

Where did you see this policy ?

Hey guys!
New to the forum. I've been flying for about a year now and am looking for friends and film folks who want to buddy up and go play sometimes.

<iframe src="Insta_2-HD 1080p from Kay C. Ghey on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="
">Insta_2-HD 1080p</a> from <a href="Kay C. Ghey">Kay C. Ghey</a> on <a href="Vimeo: Watch, upload, and share HD and 4K videos with no ads">Vimeo</a>.</p>

I'm a little ways south of Atlanta. I travel on a lot of weekends and would love to meet some folks who are down to road trip and made the hard trips in search of the best footage.

I'm on IG too at Kasey.greyy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj