Atlanta (Metro)

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm in the Atlanta metro area (bulkhead). Looking to meet up with other drone users to fly, share best practices, etc etc

Also looking for a good open place to fly besides piedmont park.

Weekends are my only available times for the most part.

Thanks

I live in north druid hills. I just bought a phantom 3 pro. I am also looking for a good place to fly that will allow me to get some good distance

Hey there..

Thanks... Piedmont park isn't that bad. I go early on Sat (or Sun) am before it gets crowded (though with these temps its not crowded much.

I saw some place behind the Pikes Nursery on Piedmont ave (behind the old gold club)

If you want to drive a tad, I was up in Cumming and Fowler park is HUGE. We could carpool to that perhaps.

After Fri early afternoon on 16th i'm off work till Jan 3 so those days are wide open (otherwise weekends only for me)

Do you know of any places? I will pvt msg you my cell # which would make it easier.

I chose the P3 pro instead of the P4. I just like the looks better lol. I just got mine a few days ago and it is pretty **** awesome

Blmeanie - sure just let us know.

You are more than welcome to come out flying with me in the meantime. I'm in Bhead also

I fly up in the Cumming area. The fairgrounds and there is a site where they are going to build an apartment complex that is high and has a great LOS. I also fly at Indian Seats on Sawnee Mountain. It is great early in teh morning before tons of people show up. You can see for miles and 2 - 4 mile straight away flights aren't unusual.

I work up in the alph cumming area. I did manage to get to Fowler Park (cumming). If you have not checked that out yet DO SO. Its a great big park with lots of open area.

Hi all,
I live up in Buford, near Mall of Georgia.
I have a P3P. Just started using Litchi and have a couple of successful missions!
Looking for some great points of interest to fly. (Leagally), lol

We should get a group together some sat am... I live in bulkhead but can travel.
Fowler park or the place quadphilly mentioned (btw do you have a way i can see that on google maps)

Nice open space.. have you been there yet
From my earlier post:

I also fly at Indian Seats on Sawnee Mountain. It is great early in the morning before tons of people show up. You can see for miles and 2 - 4 mile straight away flights aren't unusual.

I would be up for that some sat am.. Obviously this sat am is out due to xmas eve and likely the following due to new years eve.

I am off Mon and Tues after xmas. But might be tough getting up there during traffic.

Anyone else game for it?

I want to try someplace new. I'm bored with piedmont park in Atl. I need to build confidence in my flying and would prefer a very open site for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31