At a loss, P4 issues

Reaction score
after 2 months and 119 flights # 120 turned on like normal then went red "No Attitude Data" stuck in Atti mode, firmware update- nothing, uninstall DJI Go App and re-install - nothing, called DJI and guy said issue inside bird needs to be sent in, big bummer as I was waiting for a while for this trip and grounded no fly, sent it off today to DJI and wondering about my ITE LITE antenna from MAXX UAV I installed on controller if it will void warranty or be an issue? since installing new upgraded antenna from Jake, not one issue I even have the black ones to screw on when I don't want to use the panel ....here's a screen shot of the issues, confused what happened from one day to the next other than location which I've traveled to multiple spots with no issues....
IMG_2247.JPG

If you send the craft in to DJI for repair, don't send the controller. They don't require it.
Have you tried resetting the craft through the GO app?
If you have a friend with another P4 controller, try linking it to their controller and see if the symptoms remain

Last edited:
according to the return form #6 states to ship controller back so they can do a test flight before they ship it back....also when speaking with DJI rep they said to return bird and controller...i was told there's an issue inside the bird and it needed to be looked at by there service tech

I think JL's tip on trying another (preferably stock) P4 controller should be your first step after resets, etc. It would rule out your modified controller, pointing to the drone with the communication problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I think JL's tip on trying another (preferably stock) P4 controller should be your first step after resets, etc. It would rule out your modified controller, pointing to the drone with the communication problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Yea if only I knew someone locally who had one , 2nd since the antenna upgrade from Jake from Maxx UAV never had any issues flew perfectly. So not the problem also from what dji rep said and we tried several things. Determined bird has issues inside.

with the antenna mod on the controller you will have a problem with DJI on this one.

with the antenna mod on the controller you will have a problem with DJI on this one.
why is that ? , I've read that by doing the antenna mod it will not void any warranties , I flew it several times after the antenna mod with no issues ....there rep said it's something inside the bird itself based on the errors it showed on screen

well after receiving an email today , it said my bird has been evaluated, so I call DJI and spoke with em to find out what they found...was told to wait for next email ....2 mins after hanging up phone I get another email stating my bird qualifies for full warranty repair... quote " Warranty, Aircraft has NO signs of impact damages" repairs to be completed and return within 3-5 days.....i sent them my P4, P4 controller that I modded myself thanks to Jake at MaxxUAV.com with the ITELITE DBS02.2 , but instead of sending my panel i sent in the black screw on set also from Maxx ....so NO issues with returning my controller (per there request from phone call and #6 on return form) with the mods i did to it myself ....very happy to hear the good news today:) and just waiting for my bird to come home

well after receiving an email today , it said my bird has been evaluated, so I call DJI and spoke with em to find out what they found...was told to wait for next email ....2 mins after hanging up phone I get another email stating my bird qualifies for full warranty repair... quote " Warranty, Aircraft has NO signs of impact damages" repairs to be completed and return within 3-5 days.....i sent them my P4, P4 controller that I modded myself thanks to Jake at MaxxUAV.com with the ITELITE DBS02.2 , but instead of sending my panel i sent in the black screw on set also from Maxx ....so NO issues with returning my controller (per there request from phone call and #6 on return form) with the mods i did to it myself ....very happy to hear the good news today:) and just waiting for my bird to come home

Awesome news !!

Reactions: Bckmstr
well my bird showed up just as shipping time said, got a new bird, modded controller and black antennas back , everything about the return process went off without a glitch, DJI was great to deal with....bird is back in the air doing good so far ...could not be happier, big thanks to all involved at DJI

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik