At a loss for words. Sry for the long post....

STAY away from those people in Calgary Alberta. I ordered on 9 of May 2014. Web page stated 8 to 10 days for delivery. 24 days later I sent reports to the R.C.M.P. VISA the Better Business Bureaus and Dji North America. I tried to cancel the order but could not get in contact. With their lack of e-mail responses and their very poor telephone business etiquette I had reason to believe I was a victim of Fraud. I got the pv2+ 29 days later. I did not want to deal with these people anymore.--- STAY AWAY---

Hello,

My name is Anthony and I am an employee at USHOBBY. I would like to apologize to everyone who encountered anything less than perfect service from us.

Like all drone distributors in the United States, the demand for our product has skyrocketed at an unforeseen pace. USHOBBY was initially understaffed and overwhelmed by the industry rapid growth, but has recently implemented several improvements such as hiring more employees in both customer service and technical support.

If you have any issue with an item purchased from us, please do not hesitate to contact USHOBBY and ask directly for me. You can contact me via email at [email protected] or call USHOBBY's main line (702.506.0219) and ask for me at extension 102.

That being said, please understand that our drone manufacturer, DJI, does not allow us to offer refunds or replacements for drones that fly away and are lost or crashed. If your issue is a fly-away or crashed drone, you must directly contact DJI for assistance, which evaluates those matters on a case-by-case basis.

Once again I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced, and will do all that I can to resolve all issues to your satisfaction as much as USHOBBY is authorized by DJI's policy.

Thank you,
Anthony
[email protected]
702.506.0219 x102

POST DELETED BECAUSE ANTHONY AT USHOBBY.COM RECTIFIED THE SITUATION AND MADE GOOD ON THE WARRANTY.

+1

Yes, I'd have to agree with you there, Mapmaker. In fact, if the OP's Phantom had a motor issue, then he should have been sent a fully tested new Phantom immediately, and any good supplier that values their reputation would have done this as a matter of course.

Hello,

Well, I am just trying to help, not only him, but anyone who might have had a problem. Please don't see this any other way but that.

I agree with you on packaging, we usually do pack pretty well, could have been fedex, could have been us, but it does not matter, I am not looking to find anyone to blame. I am looking to help the customer.

He (as well as anyone with an issue) is welcome to contact me directly as I mentioned.

I hope you guys can see this for what it is, just me trying to help out... I'm just trying to do my best by saying "hey! someone cares, let me try to make it right."

It didn't feel right to stumble on this online and not create an account and post something.

So to make it clear, my post was published, because I saw this and want to help.

Thank you,
Anthony

PS: I say everyone, as I do understand the original poster had an issue and I want him to contact so I can help, but, I wanted to make it clear that anyone could contact me if need be without spamming to the whole forum.

MapMaker53 said:
Hi Anthony. Seriously? It seems like your post is simply meant to be some damage control when it comes to your company. It's fine to apologize for poor service, but actions speak louder than words and your words mean nothing based on the original poster's VERY RECENT experience with USHOBBY.COM. Instead of apologizing to this forum, you should be bending over backwards to help the original poster resolve his problem to his complete satisfaction. The way his Phantom was packaged up and sent to him looks like a chimp boxed it -- a statement I am sure even chimps would be offended by. Are you kidding?? We're not taking about a $29 toy RC helicopter here. It's a freakin $1300, fairly sophisticated and delicate quadcopter -- and anyone who shells out that amount of money for such an item should receive the service and attention they deserve. Your company gave him SQUAT. Do you seriously think an apology to us as a group is going to change our perception of USHOBBY .COM after seeing the poster's photos of your customer care and workmanship? I, for one, will never ever give you any of my business unless you replace the original poster's Phantom with a new one, because you turned one with a simple motor issue into a piece of crap. Just my opinion.. but i think everyone should help you get the word out about your excellent service on Twitter. Good luck with that.

This is the second company that I have heard and know of that just takes the craft for some flights to test things. What ever happened to bench testing to check all the values from different components and that they are with-in specifications as per the maintenance manuals.

I sent my bird away for repair for an intermittent problem. The report from the tech says that he only conducted 2 test flights and could find no problem. After the first flight he says the bird needed a compass calibration.

As a technician he should have conducted all the pre flight tests and calibrations as per the DJI manual (new location). During the flight he said that it drifted in strong wind and needed a compass calibration after the flight.

As a qualified technician conducted the tests and would have initiated a compass calibration before the flight and identified that it needed one after the flight, would that not have indicated there is a problem.

According to the report from the tech "NO"

What are we to do, sit back and take it.

lsteigerwalt said:
Let me just start out by saying Im not a noob, Ive RTFM, and this isnt my first rodeo....I guess its just my turn to get shafted....I purchased a P2V+ and the front left prop wasnt spinning right.

Man, I can relate. Was the prop acting like this out of the box? http://youtu.be/4OZt9UjO_YI

The company I dealt with seemed nice enough. I sent it back to them and they "repaired" it and sent it back. By "repair", I mean they did absolutely nothing because nothing had been fixed. I called and bitched that they didn't even bother testing it before sending it back to me. "Oh, we test everything!", he said. After about a month of going back and forth with them, they finally relented and sent me a new bird and all is good.

Sorry to hear of your troubles and hopefully resolves quickly.

Im not trying to bust anyones balls here...I did get the bird back. It was packaged the same way they sent it the first time in the same size box as the first trip. Once again with no extra packaging material what so ever. After speaking with "MIKE" and waiting for the bird to return I thought they would have done better. When i mentioned that my stickers were jacked up he quickly asked what color I would like and I said red. He stated he would handle it....by handling it I guess he ment throwing a set in the box. They didnt even take the time to put the new stickers on...total BS...The front left motor works now but still spins slower that the rest on startup? AnthonyUSHOBBY your company has a lot to learn about customer satisfaction and keeping customers. Without us you go out of business!!! And while your at it maybe make "mike" take a lesson from Sarah in customer relations...he was short on the phone and had a tone the entire time as if I was the problem and should be thankful that your company agreed to fix something that "I never broke in the first place" at the end of the day ushobby did not stay true to their word...

lsteigerwalt said:
Im not trying to bust anyones balls here...I did get the bird back. It was packaged the same way they sent it the first time in the same size box as the first trip. Once again with no extra packaging material what so ever. After speaking with "MIKE" and waiting for the bird to return I thought they would have done better. When i mentioned that my stickers were jacked up he quickly asked what color I would like and I said red. He stated he would handle it....by handling it I guess he ment throwing a set in the box. They didnt even take the time to put the new stickers on...total BS...The front left motor works now but still spins slower that the rest on startup? AnthonyUSHOBBY your company has a lot to learn about customer satisfaction and keeping customers. Without us you go out of business!!! And while your at it maybe make "mike" take a lesson from Sarah in customer relations...he was short on the phone and had a tone the entire time as if I was the problem and should be thankful that your company agreed to fix something that "I never broke in the first place" at the end of the day ushobby did not stay true to their word...

Thanks for sharing this. I think for you to share this experience is probably one of the strongest ways to send messages to businesses to let them know what customers expect. Most of us are very reasonable people. We have choices in where we wish to shop. Businesses have so many options to solve the customer satisfaction equation. Holding them to a standard is very fair.

Hello,

I apologize for that, truly. It's not my company, but I've been working here for so long, I do feel protective of it, and we do not tolerate this kind of behavior.

I personally trained Sarah, so I'm not surprised she handled it correctly to begin with. I will be contacting you tomorrow to touch basis and make things right with you.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and mentioning the troubled areas, this way I can not only mention your dissatisfaction, but point the troubled areas and work on a solution for future customers.

As always feel free to contact me directly if any issues are encountered so that I can help you.

Thank you so much and once again I apologize for any inconvenience,
Anthony

lsteigerwalt said:

So how did this end, OP? You sent your phatom back to get "repaired", and got it back in worst condition. Then sent it back again, but this time it's "fixed", but not fully "fixed"? Did they repair the antennae on the remote?

ATOMSK said:
So how did this end, OP? You sent your phatom back to get "repaired", and got it back in worst condition. Then sent it back again, but this time it's "fixed", but not fully "fixed"? Did they repair the antennae on the remote?
They did replace the transmitter....

Update!!!

Just got off the phone with Anthony at USHOBBY.COM. He (like sarah) was very pleasant to talk to and listened to my concerns. I can honestly say he was genuine in the conversation and truly wanted to try to correct the problem. He asked me if I was satisfied with the current bird I have. I told him no that the first bird that I purchased elsewhere acquired 10-12 sats before liftoff and this one only ever 5 before liftoff and I had to take off before it got 6 and for me that was an issue since it reduced my ability to fly close quarters and reduced my confidence in the machine. He offered to send me an RMA and once I drop off the bird and it is scanned via FEDEX he would rush ship me a new bird sealed in the box. I agreed to this and thanked him for his help in rectifying the situation. I also told sarah personally and informed Anthony that she is the face of the company and great to deal with. Her concern and personal attention is the only reason I have continued to work with USHOBBY.COM. I was also told via Anthony that if any of us are not satisfied with our experience with USHOBBY.COM that we should ask to speak to him and he would make sure things were set right. I cannot tell you what to do but I am giving them a chance to make things right. Lets hope that this bird arrives safe and sound and all is well.... :geek:

lsteigerwalt said:
ATOMSK said:
They did replace the transmitter....

Update!!!

Just got off the phone with Anthony at USHOBBY.COM. He (like sarah) was very pleasant to talk to and listened to my concerns. I can honestly say he was genuine in the conversation and truly wanted to try to correct the problem. He asked me if I was satisfied with the current bird I have. I told him no that the first bird that I purchased elsewhere acquired 10-12 sats before liftoff and this one only ever 5 before liftoff and I had to take off before it got 6 and for me that was an issue since it reduced my ability to fly close quarters and reduced my confidence in the machine. He offered to send me an RMA and once I drop off the bird and it is scanned via FEDEX he would rush ship me a new bird sealed in the box. I agreed to this and thanked him for his help in rectifying the situation. I also told sarah personally and informed Anthony that she is the face of the company and great to deal with. Her concern and personal attention is the only reason I have continued to work with USHOBBY.COM. I was also told via Anthony that if any of us are not satisfied with our experience with USHOBBY.COM that we should ask to speak to him and he would make sure things were set right. I cannot tell you what to do but I am giving them a chance to make things right. Lets hope that this bird arrives safe and sound and all is well.... :geek:

That's great news... Only wish they had done that in the first place!

Would just like to add that I have purchased MY bird from USHobby and have dealt with Sarah and Anthony as well. I am still having some issues, but they are indeed very pleasant to deal with. I am very glad to see this thread has a happy ending.

rcohen

I would say: remove Mike :cool:
(which is good for business)

Hi Anthony,

I'm having a problem as well. I had sent my phantom in for repair (camera tilt issue viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23364&p=214741&hilit=ushobby#p214741) last week and you guys received it last Friday. I got an email stating you were running low on gimbals but had some coming into 9 days ago US Hobby

"Aug 20 (9 days ago)

to me
Not a problem Brandon. Oh okay great. I just talked to my manager and asked if we could put one to the side, but he gave me some good news that our gimbals will be here any day now so it won't be a problem like I originally thought."

Now I just got an email yesterday stating you were waiting on more gimbals and may be next week or longer before my repair is done. I'm in a situation where I really can't wait two-three weeks for a repair. Anyway to help me out? Thanks,

Brandon

Hello,

We did have a shortage on them, not much we can do on inventory. However, I had one aside for this kind of situations. it has been replaced and is awaiting testing.

Should be shipped soon.

Thank you so much for giving me a chance,
Anthony

smoke23 said:
Hi Anthony,

I'm having a problem as well. I had sent my phantom in for repair (camera tilt issue viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23364&p=214741&hilit=ushobby#p214741) last week and you guys received it last Friday. I got an email stating you were running low on gimbals but had some coming into 9 days ago US Hobby

"Aug 20 (9 days ago)

to me
Not a problem Brandon. Oh okay great. I just talked to my manager and asked if we could put one to the side, but he gave me some good news that our gimbals will be here any day now so it won't be a problem like I originally thought."

Now I just got an email yesterday stating you were waiting on more gimbals and may be next week or longer before my repair is done. I'm in a situation where I really can't wait two-three weeks for a repair. Anyway to help me out? Thanks,

Brandon

Thanks Anthony! David left me a voicemail stating that it was being replaced and shipped today. Thank you for the quick response and effort to get this taken care of so I can back into the air very soon.

- Brandon

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1