Asus Nexus 7 2013

Reaction score
hey guys and dolls!, Is anyone using the Asus Nexus 7 2013 to fly their Phantom3 Advanced?, and does the new ground station app and update work with follow me, Home lock POI ? I am unable to take flight due to rain. When I went into my Go App to highlight the "IOC" button it wouldn't let me change it as it wasn't highlighted, but the "Enable multiple flight mode", I could change this. Thanks for your input!

A number of folks use the Nexus 7 II. I think even one of the beta testers for the new firmware/app used one. Haven't heard any specifics with this update, but it's still listed as a compatible device. Not sure what your other question is, but you cannot use, see, activate any of the new flight modes unless your are actually airborne/flying (with an android device) as far as I can tell.

When I went into my Go App to highlight the "IOC" button it wouldn't let me change it as it wasn't highlighted, but the "Enable multiple flight mode", I could change this. Thanks for your input!
That's normal, it isn't made clear, but the IOC slides over automatically when you move the switch on the controller, and are connected to turned on phantom.
The 2013 Nexus 7 is OK with it and an inexpensive tablet especially if you find one refurbished.
You will probably get the odd app crash like almost every other device, but mostly it works well.
I like to delete the video cache after every flight and also set the transmission bitrate to minimum.
Setting to airplane mode is probably a good tip too.
This seems to help mine out no end and crashes are rare.

Alright!, I finally had the chance to try out the New Firmware update, well at least a small part of it. I got called into work early so I couldn't do all I wanted too. But, now I know my Asus Nexus 7 works with "Follow Me" function. So I want to thank all the replies to this post for the information you gave me. One question for 4WD ? if I delete the video cache from my tablet would that delete any saved waypoints too? Thanks

Alright!, I finally had the chance to try out the New Firmware update, well at least a small part of it. I got called into work early so I couldn't do all I wanted too. But, now I know my Asus Nexus 7 works with "Follow Me" function. So I want to thank all the replies to this post for the information you gave me. One question for 4WD ? if I delete the video cache from my tablet would that delete any saved waypoints too? Thanks
I would imagine that's entirely separate, but haven't tried it.
You can set your video cache to self delete after 2GB but I have a suspicion the act of deleting itself can cause an app crash.
It's best to record in case it goes down but there isn't much need for those files if you have the proper recording back with you on the card.

I had high hopes after reading this thread, but I can't even get dji go to connect to the rc (using a Nexus7 / 4.4.2), the app never leaves the "how to connect" demo. Apparently a problem with the latest firmware, seems they've managed to ruin both Android and iOS compatibility in one fell swoop.

I had high hopes after reading this thread, but I can't even get dji go to connect to the rc (using a Nexus7 / 4.4.2), the app never leaves the "how to connect" demo. Apparently a problem with the latest firmware, seems they've managed to ruin both Android and iOS compatibility in one fell swoop.
Try completely uninstalling the GO App and then reinstalling it. Worth a try if you haven't been there yet.

Or since just about everyone else isn't having a problem with it, maybe there's something wrong with your setup.
Try resetting or using a different cable from the Tx to the Nexus.

Hey Guys also using nexus 7 2013
Was Having Pilot Apps problems..
Changed the USB cable..
EASY FIX!!!!....P3P app worked perfect yesterday 7 flights NO PROBLEM!!'

Reactions: envisionabove
Try completely uninstalling the GO App and then reinstalling it. Worth a try if you haven't been there yet.
Also you have to log-in to your DJI account.
Try to access your recorded flights and it will prompt you.
Nexus 7 works great with it bar the odd crash and immediate automatic restart

I'm using a Nexus 7 2013 16mb WiFi and since updating to the last App (the one before today) and last firmware I've had huge lag and pixelation - totally unusable.
I tried all I could read here - Only Litchi works well - my last attempt will be installing the Cyanogen mod.
Funny thing is I have a 10.1` Samsung Tab 4, where quite a few posts indicate issues. But up to now, never had an app crash, and hardly any lag.
Go figure. Maybe the 16mb version of the Nexus doesn't work well?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31