Assurance of Airworthiness for Phantom 2 Vission

Reaction score
I am in the process of booking myself on to BNUC-S pilots license in the UK. This will allow me to sell photographs and video taken from my Phantom Vision. However part of the license is to get a "assurance of airworthiness. For a fee of £175.00 you can get a "Manufacturer provides Certificate of Conformity – transfer fee " otherwise it is a fee of
Manufacturer provides System Configuration information for aircraft - prices from £950
Manufacturer does not provide System Configuration information - prices from £1,900

Does anyone have any information on this or can DJI provide Certificate of conformity?
Also I have modified aerials which will deviate away from the manufacturers original? I guess I will have to convert it back to standard?
I would also be interested to hear from anyone who has undertaken the course in the UK.
I realise that the Vision is a low entry drone, but this will be a starting point to see if i can expand my business and at a later date get something more professional.
Cheers
Dangermouse

http://neilewins.com/wp2/arial-photography/

That title gave me a chuckle.... The way these things fly away and fall from the sky a certificate of airworthiness from the manufacturer would be the ultimate oxymoron. Good luck getting that one from DJI .....

I am contemplating the same course as you and because part of the course is aircraft specific I am thinking of using a different platform (hexacopter) so I have more options for different cameras in the future. Does anyone know if any low/medium priced UAVs have certificates of airworthiness ?

Re: Assurance of Airworthiness for Phantom 2 Vision

I have also enrolled on a course in June. I notice there are a few in this forum attempting the same thing maybe we should start a specific thread so we can all help each other out. I am more than happy to start it off if others think it's worth it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj