assistant ?????????

Reaction score
Well I have downloaded the assistant but have not got a micro usb on the controller and I am sure DJI did not want you to open the controller to find one which has been suggested. I am totally confused now so I think I will take the phantom out side and see what happens. I don't think this naza thing is supposed to work on the fc40 as dji never fitted the micro switch to the controller. What do you think?????????????????? :?: :?:

Yes. You HAVE to open the controller. You'll find the USB port easily. Just be careful when opening the case so as not to disturb or tear the antenna wire loose.
Then, plug in your USB cable and do the required update.

As Lonewolf says be very careful when opening the controller, when you have unscrewed all the screws gently pry open the bottom and slide the front downwards so as not to pull the antenna coax and also break the antenna base. I would suggest having a look on YouTube if your not sure.

I am confused, may I give my input. I have an FC40 and to check the setup using Assistant, first I downloaded onto my computer then using a USB cable connected from the USB socket on the computer to the USB socket on the Quadcopter. This is located below the Light at opposite end to battery compartment. Only connect when Phantom and controller are powered up. No need to go inside the controller to check setup for me... Might be on the wrong track but????

Hi it's me again, I split the controller in half (very carefully) and I fitted the usb cable and nothing happened on screen ,tried to do adjustments and zilch nothing I then put it all back together and fitted the usb to the phantom and again with all power switch on nothing it would not let me adjust anything.??????? What next Guy's. :?:

OK here is the sequence on mine. Assistant running on computer USB cable not connected. Switch on Controller, attach battery to Phantom the Phantom plays its tune and light flashes green / red. Connect USB initially Phantom light goes out (at this point nothing will happen if you move controls) then Phantom light is steady green. At this point moving any controls will show up on Assistant. I trust this will help if not then with a status of Phantom (i.e. light ) others may help OR Dji.

Yes, the older controllers have the USB port on the board inside the controller. There are two Assistant programs you need - the DJI RC System Assistant for calibrating the R/C controller, and the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant for calibrating the Phantom itself. Despite the program name it is for the Phantom 2 Non-Vision and the Phantom 2 Vision. You also need to install the DJI_WIN_Driver_Installer once.

SteveMann said:
Yes, the older controllers have the USB port on the board inside the controller. There are two Assistant programs you need - the DJI RC System Assistant for calibrating the R/C controller, and the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant for calibrating the Phantom itself. Despite the program name it is for the Phantom 2 Non-Vision and the Phantom 2 Vision. You also need to install the DJI_WIN_Driver_Installer once.

Hey Steve, :lol:

What are you doing in the FC40 zone talking about the Phantom 2? I don't think that's what the OP is asking about.

New users of a phamtom also need to keep in mind that DJI uses some confusing words to describe things. when they say to plug the usb in to the controller they are not talking about the transmitter. and are actually referring to the naza controller inside the phantom. That you plug in to threw the usb port on the rear of the phantom.

The transmitter if you ever need to up date the soft ware or to change any of the settings such as to actually put it in to FCC mode after turning the trim pot on the back. or if you need to recalibrate the transmitters sticks. That usb unless you have an old controller is inside the transmitter on the board inside.

But if you have one of the newer controllers with the USB inside more then likely there is no need to update any thing in the transmitter being they are already up to the currant ver of the software. So there really is not any up dates you can do.

You need to load the driver package into your PC first otherwise it won't discover the Phantom..

I have ever so carefully followed the Engrish directions provided by DJI, amended by advice found on this forum. Neither the communication indicator nor the connection indicator light up on the NAZA Assistant on my PC. When I contacted DJI Customer "service" about this they said I should send it back to them and they gave me an RMA. Am I missing something? There *is* a micro-usb port on my FC40 and I plugged it in and powered up the units in every sequence I could think of. And, yes, I have successfully run the Driver Installer. Suggestions?

Are you using the "ORIGINAL" cord to plug into the Phantom? There's a cord which came with your bird, you hope.

Their cord is a bit different than most USB cords. The problem is that your generic cord will plug into the Phantom but will not work properly.

I had a problem on my lap top once were I could not get the drivers to load properly no matter what tried it just would not see the phantom when connected. The cause was the file I had got messed up some how. So I deleted it and downloaded it again then reinstalled it. Then it worked right. You may want to try that and also you need to restart the computer after you install it and before you hook up the usb.

and one other thing to remember is that you also have to have the battery in and have the fc40 turned on for it to connect with the usb.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic