assistant software

Reaction score
i purchased a vision 2 + in october and i am finally getting around to taking it out. however, i'm noticing the latest assistant software versions have issues. so what version would you guys suggest first time out and maybe tips on setting it up. i can use a pc(windows7) or mac(yosemite). thanks, jerry

Everyone should use the latest version (currently 3.8). It can be downloaded here.

Last edited:
The DJI Vision app? You can download updates from the Apple/Android stores.

I just checked and my assistant shows v3.6. and the app says no updates. Should I completely uninstall 3.6 and then download 3.8?

No I know it is 3.12 for the phantom itself. But 3.8 for the PC controller app. I just uninstalled it completely and then downloaded the new version and all is fine.

I will start by saying that I hate computers...because I'm not that smart I guess. ;) Now, I have downloaded the PC assistant software and RC software from DJI to a new computer. I've tried to hook up my v3 and controller but the software doesn't see them apparently. I've rebooted, tried different USB cables, faced east and spit while standing on one foot...I'm going crazy. What am I missing?

Did you download the drivers?
I'd link you to them but im on my phone. There in downloads section on DJI site.

If you have also installed the drivers ...
Make sure that you are plugging the transmitter/controller into the USB port when you use the RC controller software.
Make sure that you are plugging the Phantom into the USB port when you use the Phantom Assistant software.
Make sure you are using the USB port on the front of the Phantom (under the white rubber flap on the front).
Make sure you turn the controller and the Phantom both on when you are using the Phantom Assistant software.

yep downloaded drivers...will do it again.
been busy pulling my hair out and screaming...

I have a USB hub and when I use that the Phantom is not recognized. Need to plug into one of the ports on the laptop directly. Maybe try a different port.

i feel your pain...and frustration. gotta have the driver but i can't get it to load on my pc. i've read that you have to load the driver first, with the phantom on, then the assistant, which of course i didn't. not sure if i should trash the assistant and load the driver but i'm calling it a day. one thing is for sure, this forum is the best.

JrDavis.. nah don't need the phantom plugged in for the install..... I setup my new laptop recently and I just did drivers first, as you mentioned... then assistant, then rc assistant... then when I was ready I plugged phantom in just to make sure it could talk to it and everything worked.

If your having problems still.. I'd do as you have suggested... uninstall everything... install drivers, then assistant...
also try multiple USB cables and ports on your pc... maybe you are using some fancy usb port that is not supported...

*edit* actually was reading something else that said to have phantom plugged in... anyways basically whatever it tells you to do when you install driver, do that lol.. i just can't recall plugging it in.. but eeeh.

thanks justin, but one question. does the driver show up on the computer as dji win driver? thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1