Assistant Software

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Newbie here. I just downloaded the assistant software for the Phantom 2 Vision Plus ver 3.2.

But unlike the user manual screen capture which shows 'Phantom 2 Vision +', the loaded software heading states 'Phantom 2' only - which is a bit confusing for starters.
Is this the right software? I can't seem to get it to see the Phantom when connected via USB. Thanks in advance.

Are you using Windows? If so there's a separate driver to pick up the Phantom that you'll need to install too.

Assuming you are using Windows, you need to install the "DJI WIN Driver Installer" first.

PeakXV said:
Hi Guys,

Newbie here. I just downloaded the assistant software for the Phantom 2 Vision Plus ver 3.2.

But unlike the user manual screen capture which shows 'Phantom 2 Vision +', the loaded software heading states 'Phantom 2' only - which is a bit confusing for starters.
Is this the right software? I can't seem to get it to see the Phantom when connected via USB. Thanks in advance.

Hi PeakXV

Here is the icon for the software I am using. Verson 3.2 is correct

To get the software to load properly with all the options available you need to turn on your Phantom and your RC controller (props off for safety, of course).

Also as TeeJayN says, if you are using Windows then you need to install the "DJI WIN Driver".

This is a picture of one of the screens inside

Note that is says "Phantom 2 Vision+" at the top of the window, so it's the right software and I have had no trouble with it so far.

Attachments

• assistant icon.jpg
    assistant icon.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 453
  • Assistant.png
    Assistant.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 563
Delgado said:
Are you using Windows? If so there's a separate driver to pick up the Phantom that you'll need to install too.

Yes. Missed that step. Okay, I went to install it and MacAfee is saying that the driver download contains viruses and/or spyware. First time I've seen that warning
since acquiring MacAfee software. Is that normal, is it safe?

Not much choice if you want to get your phantom properly configured. I just used the driver about a month ago, and all was well.

(I use Norton, and it passed without issue).

Okay, to be safe and since I don't know what they mean by 'viruses, spyware and 'other potentially unwanted programs'' .... guess I'd better wait & download it on a computer that I don't do all my banking and financial business with. Thanks for you help folks, I'll surely have more questions based on my progress to date ....

PeakXV said:
Okay, to be safe and since I don't know what they mean by 'viruses, spyware and 'other potentially unwanted programs'' .... guess I'd better wait & download it on a computer that I don't do all my banking and financial business with. Thanks for you help folks, I'll surely have more questions based on my progress to date ....

Yes, very sensible, Peak

It's got to be a false positive though. I am running Comodo Antivirus and Firewall and all my virus signatures are kept up to date. Comodo has kept my systems squeaky clean for many years, but it didn't even blink when I installed the DJI driver. It has always leapt into action to blocked any malware that has tried to sneak on to my systems before.

itchybeard said:
PeakXV said:

Yes, very sensible, Peak

It's got to be a false positive though. I am running Comodo Antivirus and Firewall and all my virus signatures are kept up to date. Comodo has kept my systems squeaky clean for many years, but it didn't even blink when I installed the DJI driver. It has always leapt into action to blocked any malware that has tried to sneak on to my systems before.

Okay, thanks for the feedback, itchybeard - much appreciated. Although my MacAfee just had a big update today and we all know that a file downloaded today may not be as 'squeaky clean' as a file downloaded, say, a month ago. It only takes a precious few seconds for malware et al to wrap it's tentacles around any given downloadable file.

Tell MacAfee to clean the file if it thinks it's infected.
I think it might just be a "may contain" warning that windows pops up for any downloaded files.

Well, I've never seen this particular MacAfee warning before and I've downloaded a lot of files ... and with financial info and over a million pictures on my main drive .... I decided to use an extra computer to be on the safe side.

Well now that you have it loaded on your extra computer, did you:

a. Get warned by McAfee on that extra computer that the DJI windriver is infected ?
b. Install the driver successfully on the extra computer?
c. Get the Phantom calibrated successfully? (IMU calibration *was* necessary on my new P2V+)

I also installed the aluminum foil mod, which corrected the satellite count change when the video recorder was turned on/off. My new Phantom needed all this, then, after calibrating the compass, everything seems to be working very well!

1. I don't have virus protection software on the extra computer and the drive is 99% empty with any valuable bits, already backed up.
2. It loaded and all is working well!
3. Phantom calibrated and about to command my fourth flight.

Thanks for all your help, folks - very much appreciated!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik