Assistant Software Display

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having a very annoying issue with the Assistant software where by it is pretty much unusable. When I open it the menu appears very small on my screen. I thought it was just a case of zooming in on windows/resolution but it seems to be the software itself. The menus are overlapping each other etc.

I have...installed the latest version, including the driver software, reinstalled several times, tried all of the windows maginifers, resolution, opening in compatibility modes etc...very frustrating!

Anyone have any ideas? I would like to try it on another laptop but I am away for 2 weeks and only have access to this one, which is a lenovo, windows 8.

Thanks

Rich

Attachments

• Assistant software.jpg
    Assistant software.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 543
If your text size is set properly and you are not running a custom DPI (also under display settings) I would try changing themes to another Win 8 theme and if that doesnt do it I am guessing you have a corrupt windows system font.

You might also try adding another user on your computer and log in under that account to make sure nothing is flaky with your windows profile.

Right click on the program icon, select properties, then select compability and set it for Windows 7.
Sorry for my English :)

I had the same problem on my surface initially, because I told windows to scale the display up a bit for my fat fingers.

If you're on Windows 8, mouse to the charm bar, click the gear for Settings, Select Change PC Settings
In PC Settings, chose PC and devices. In PC and devices choose Display.

In Windows 8.1, look under the heading More options to find a option box with the label Change the size of apps, text, and other items on the screen. Make sure it is set to Default.

Hope that helps you.

Hi DBeard, thanks very much for your help but I have already tried that and to no avail. It was already on default in any case...

I'm really not sure where to go from here - away on holiday with the Phantom for the first time and can't access the assistant!

Hi guys,

I took my laptop into a reputable pc repair/gaming upgrade store. The guys look at this for about 2 hours bwfore saying "you really us stumped...we have no idea". So no charge...but means i am now really out of all ideas...

Some programs are tied to IE settings, try changing IE properties if you have the pages up sized or zoomed by default. Also check IE font sizes.

Having the same problem on my Lenovo yoga 2 pro. Anybody find a workaround?

Try makin new user and try software with that.

Assistant Software is just "web page" that is being rendered by Internet Explorer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20