Assistant 2.0 vs. 3.0

Reaction score
I just received my P2Z - I don't know which Assistant software to load on my laptop.

the DJI site offers both 2.0 and 3.0 - which do you guys recommend? ( are there still issues with running 3.0?)

Also - remind me why you need to also download the RC Assistant software......doesn't the main assistant software interact with the Transmitter?

Thanks in advance for your help! I am really confused on this issue.

Sledge said:
I just received my P2Z - I don't know which Assistant software to load on my laptop.

the DJI site offers both 2.0 and 3.0 - which do you guys recommend? ( are there still issues with running 3.0?)

Also - remind me why you need to also download the RC Assistant software......doesn't the main assistant software interact with the Transmitter?

For issues with the P2 running 3.0 you're best posting in the P2 (non-Vision) section... Their experiences might be different than ours, but I've been fine on 3 - although I've only got two flights in since I updated. The reason DJI have kept a previous version of the firmware up for the first time ever is because 3.0 introduces the (to some) controversial airport no-fly zones. So whilst they can demonstrate their commitment to aviation safety they are, by the back door, allowing people to run on 2.0 and just have the manually adjustable flight limits feature. Going forward, though, any flight-critical updates or additional features will most likely only be available on the latest firmware, so if you don't want no-fly then you're probably going to have to stay at 2.0 forever...

You only need the RC Assistant if you either have a Vision on the shelf so long it was from the original production run and shipped prior to November 5th so has the out-of-date transmitter and receiver firmware (highly unlikely), or you actively need to plug into the transmitter to do a hardware calibration of the sticks because calibrating them via the Phantom Assistant hasn't worked. Otherwise you can ignore it.

Hope that helps.

Pull_Up said:
Sledge said:

For issues with the P2 running 3.0 you're best posting in the P2 (non-Vision) section... Their experiences might be different than ours, but I've been fine on 3 - although I've only got two flights in since I updated. The reason DJI have kept a previous version of the firmware up for the first time ever is because 3.0 introduces the (to some) controversial airport no-fly zones. So whilst they can demonstrate their commitment to aviation safety they are, by the back door, allowing people to run on 2.0 and just have the manually adjustable flight limits feature. Going forward, though, any flight-critical updates or additional features will most likely only be available on the latest firmware, so if you don't want no-fly then you're probably going to have to stay at 2.0 forever...

You only need the RC Assistant if you either have a Vision on the shelf so long it was from the original production run and shipped prior to November 5th so has the out-of-date transmitter and receiver firmware (highly unlikely), or you actively need to plug into the transmitter to do a hardware calibration of the sticks because calibrating them via the Phantom Assistant hasn't worked. Otherwise you can ignore it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Simon - that helps tremendously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only posted here because it seems like the P2 forum is less "active" :roll: and I wasn't getting any responses......I should have guessed you would be the one with the patience to deal with me on this.

By the way, I now have a P2Z (Phantom 2 with zenmuse H3-3D + GoProH3B + Futaba 14SG + Boscam diversity monitor). I flown it twice. The GoPro video footage is much nicer than the P2V.......I still need to test the photos (no RAW on GoPro).

The video option of shooting at 2.7k allows for cropping out the props when needed and the 60FPS at 1080 allows for nice slo-mo.

The Futaba will give 2x range supposedly, but is also much more complex than the stock phantom TX. here is some test footage:

http://youtu.be/5TZz3Fw2WeU *YouTube doesn't do it justice, makes it choppy and compressed.....gotta see it on a desktop.

Thanks, Dave

Pull_Up said:
For issues with the P2 running 3.0 you're best posting in the P2 (non-Vision) section... Their experiences might be different than ours, but I've been fine on 3 - although I've only got two flights in since I updated.

I've got about a dozen flights on my P2V running 3.0. No issues at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20