Assault reports

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do I seem to be seeing more and more reports here of pilots being assaulted, arrested, verbally attacked, etc. with what seems to me to be under very odd circumstances?
There is the guy who was assaulted by men in suits in a black SUV. The guy who had a search warrant, got arrested, released on bail, but doesn't know what the charges were. Among others.
Just seems odd to me.
In addition to actual incidents where pilots are having real problems, it appears there are starting to be reports of incidents, which in reality, are what we might call "Drone Munchausen Syndrome".
This is just my opinion. Comments?
drone attack.jpg

(image for effect only)

Some people react poorly to drones for whatever reason. Be prepared for it. It helps to have strong situational awareness and peripheral vision skills when flying. Not just for troublemakers but lookie-loos as well. I actually think awareness for drones is slowly helping. I still get mostly the "I've never seen one before" but I am starting to get the "my nephew just got a drone for xmas" as well.

Knock on wood but I have only had positive experiences. I guess quads are still a novelty around here so folks want to come and watch you fly. I hope that doesn't change!

No different than reports of other 'problems'.
You only hear about those not the 300 un-eventful flights I've had for instance.
What's there to say when there were no problems, hassles, or other interactions.

Reactions: Summerpaws
As I've posted before, I've been assaulted due to flying a drone. I do think it's very rare and unlikely to happen but I do think that the media coverage of drones has certainly given many people the view that drones are evil and that the people who fly them are pedophiles or the like.

As mentioned, best we can do is take the high road as best as possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers