Asked to "tutor" someone on the phantom

Re: Asked to

sidebox said:
BlackTracer said:
sidebox said:
Black tracer: it seems clear that he would provide you that assistance free of charge. This is pretty clear cut, and Oi laid it out perfectly.

I have read thru the thread and don't see this clear cut you speak of. Maybe I missed it. Please advise.

2 posts up, OI explained that he would help someone out who was a hobbiest, just trying to get some help. He said that he would charge if someone clearly stated that they would be using this help to directly create a new revenue stream. What else do you need clarified? Are you asking for help or are you just being a contrarian? If you tell him that you are going to use this knowledge to make money, he would charge you. If not, he won't. Pretty clear cut.

Sorry for the confusion. But if you look at my original post, I was quoting the OP, not Mr. OI. You have been barking up the wrong tree at me. I am totally on board with Mr. OI's opinion. I feel the same way as he does.

BlackTracer said:
sidebox said:
BlackTracer said:
I have read thru the thread and don't see this clear cut you speak of. Maybe I missed it. Please advise.

2 posts up, OI explained that he would help someone out who was a hobbiest, just trying to get some help. He said that he would charge if someone clearly stated that they would be using this help to directly create a new revenue stream. What else do you need clarified? Are you asking for help or are you just being a contrarian? If you tell him that you are going to use this knowledge to make money, he would charge you. If not, he won't. Pretty clear cut.

Sorry for the confusion. But if you look at my original post, I was quoting the OP, not Mr. OI. You have been barking up the wrong tree at me. I am totally on board with Mr. OI's opinion. I feel the same way as he does.

Not sure I follow you, still. You quoted the OPs question and then responded to said question with a question.

Met a guy at the local hobby shop just got a new P2V+ and was their asking if any one cold give him a lesson on flying they where going to charge him big time I told him I'd help out took him to the farm and let him fly my P1 until he felt Comfortable flying then he used his . My P1 is the warhorse she's been down many times from learning flips and spins if it breaks I'll fix it not a problem I enjoy working on it . NO ONE FLYS MY P2 :twisted:
Told him any time come to the farm and fly charged him nothing he dropped a case of beer off a day later to much greed in the world today .

Re: Asked to "tutor" someone on the phantom

750r, that's great, and really thoughtful of you. If the guy asked you for a lesson so he could charge people to have their events filmed, would you charge a fee?

dirkclod said:
Well in my mind all the time all that ya'll have tutored me here would have cost me, aaaaaaah a lot but nooooo it's all been free !!!

Word. If I owed money for this forum, Ol P and El Guano would have a hefty check from me ;-)

sidebox said:
750r, that's great, and really thoughtful of you. If the guy asked you for a lesson so he could charge people to have their events filmed, would you charge a fee?
No because I am able to go out and hustle work with my birds too I choose not to if that's your thing cool I like to fly and don't mind helping someone out even if their out to make a buck . :D

if you have expenses like gas or even your time I think you should be paid to, at the very least, cover your time and expenses. give it awäy for free here all day long. but ask me to drive somewhere different story. my opinion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20