As I take off it moves backwards...

Reaction score
I just tried flying my P3 advanced in AT mode for the first time and found out that the bird instantly starts going backwards as I take off…rather fast too. Indoors as I power up it instantly leans over on the battery side and starts moving in that direction. I took it outside and experimented and realized it's doing the same thing in P mode only it corrects itself and comes back to its takeoff point. I had to break a prop to find this all out. The question is… What's going on? And can I fix it?

Imu calibration needs doing on a flat, LEVEL surface.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Biffer
Also, calibrate the sticks on your remote too.

ATTI mode is susceptible to any wind blowing it wherever too, if not straight over onto its side on takeoff or landing and breaking a blade.

Reactions: Biffer
I checked the imu and it said no calibration needed. I did it anyway and just flew. Looks like it helped a lot! Much more stable. I tried doing the remote but for what ever reason it would never go to "finish".

Thanks!

Last edited:
I tried doing the remote but for what ever reason it would never go to "finish".

Thanks!
Most people who say that the RC calibration didnt finish later realize that they overlooked doing the scroll wheels. Perhaps that was it for you as well.

Reactions: JoBe and Biffer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan