Article on Aerial Photography with Phantom 3 Pro

Reaction score
We need more tips on camera settings

This is my article that just was posted today on the Digital Photography School website. With over 1.4 million subscribers, it should get some good coverage. Almost all images taken with the P3P.....

How to Use Drones to do Stunning Aerial Photography

And this link is to a gallery of images of 12 months flying Phantoms......P2V+ and P3P

As The Crow Flies - atphoto

Nice pictures! What do you use to post process your raw? That is the hard part for me, post processing....

Nice pictures! What do you use to post process your raw? That is the hard part for me, post processing....
I use photoshop......I know its a big step and can take time, however once you get used to it you will be amazed how much your images will improve. I don't use Lightroom but a lot of people also highly recommend that it is a good starting point

I use photoshop......I know its a big step and can take time, however once you get used to it you will be amazed how much your images will improve. I don't use Lightroom but a lot of people also highly recommend that it is a good starting point

I probably should have added more, when I post process I have a hard time deciding when to stop. I change some stuff then I am not sure it is better, so I go back to original and try again....after like 10 times I am done....and then I think back and wonder if I could have done better....

Reactions: ATPhoto
Great pictures! I plan to get some killer shots with my p3p which arrives tomorrow. I'm so excited!

As for post editing, Lightroom is by far the easiest to use, imo. I hardly use Photoshop anymore unless I need to clean up a photo (remove power lines, cut out a pole or tree, etc). If you've never used Lightroom, check out Serge Ramelli on YouTube. He has 2 free tutorials every week.

Andrew, thanks for all the possible views and in addition the photos were stunning. Fantastic press and beautifully written. Thank you we need that positive press. Love your photos, good inspiration for us all. Great job!

Great pictures! I plan to get some killer shots with my p3p which arrives tomorrow. I'm so excited!

As for post editing, Lightroom is by far the easiest to use, imo. I hardly use Photoshop anymore unless I need to clean up a photo (remove power lines, cut out a pole or tree, etc). If you've never used Lightroom, check out Serge Ramelli on YouTube. He has 2 free tutorials every week.
serge ramelli's work is brilliant very good tutorials too!!

Lightroom is easier to use and cheaper than Photoshop, I think if I had neither I'd get Lightroom first now.
They do work well together. I find the way Photoshop handles unconverted RAW is rather clunky - Lightroom is good at this.

As an FYI, you can get Lightroom and Photoshop together for $9.99 a month from Adobe. It is always the most up to date version and, for me, it is very reasonable in price. I use both to process my images and my workflow has only made my images that much better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl