Arrow not pointing where I'm flying

Reaction score
Hi, I have a P2 Vision Plus, Samsung Tablet which doesn't have a compass, and I am using Vision App. When I study the unit sitting on the ground facing away from me pointing South for example, the arrow is pointing in a direction which is the opposite of the Compass Icon in the top left corner. If I rotate the copter 45 degrees to the right, then the arrow shows which direction I am pointing in relation to the icon, which is the East, not the direction that the camera is facing. I want it to point in the direction that I am flying, in other words in the direction that the camera is facing, so that I can see whether it is flying to me, away from me or whatever. I have searched for answers and people are talking about maps and calibrating this and that, but I can't see where any of the answers relate to what I am trying to achieve.
From the manual; "If your mobile device contains a compass, the top portion of the Radar is the direction you are pointing. If not, the radar will be oriented due north" which it appears is the case here. Will a compass App help solve this issue? All I want, is to have the arrow pointing in the direction the P2 is facing, not it's relationship to due north.
Does this make sense? HELP :)

Sort of. Try Field Compass app and see f it helps

I have a similar problem and my tablet doesn't have a compass either. I've concluded I need a new tablet!

I use iphone 5s and it points the wrong as well although ive never paid attention if ifs pointing north, i'll have to check. I'm pretty sure used to point the right direction with the same phone. Don't know if it stop doing that since I updated the app or not but something changed. And should an iPhone 5 have a Compass.

Hi, I have a P2 Vision Plus, Samsung Tablet which doesn't have a compass, and I am using Vision App. When I study the unit sitting on the ground facing away from me pointing South for example, the arrow is pointing in a direction which is the opposite of the Compass Icon in the top left corner. If I rotate the copter 45 degrees to the right, then the arrow shows which direction I am pointing in relation to the icon, which is the East, not the direction that the camera is facing. I want it to point in the direction that I am flying, in other words in the direction that the camera is facing, so that I can see whether it is flying to me, away from me or whatever. I have searched for answers and people are talking about maps and calibrating this and that, but I can't see where any of the answers relate to what I am trying to achieve.
From the manual; "If your mobile device contains a compass, the top portion of the Radar is the direction you are pointing. If not, the radar will be oriented due north" which it appears is the case here. Will a compass App help solve this issue? All I want, is to have the arrow pointing in the direction the P2 is facing, not it's relationship to due north.
Does this make sense? HELP :)

Next time you power up everything & before you fly just take your tablet & believe it or not just work it around & around like a figure 8 a couple of times then check again.
I know it sounds crazy but I have to do it sometimes so that the compass resets in your tablet - PRESTO it will work!

Check the arrow in the map view hasn't got a lock symbol on it, if it has press it and unlock it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you everybody for your replies. I will check the firmware update, and download a compass into my tablet and see how we go from there.

Yeah - I don't think it's possible to download a compass to a tablet that doesn't have one, but if you can figure it out, that would be great!

You are right as far as my Tablet is concerned - no magnetic sensor. However, the phone has, so we shall see. Another problem, I loaded the Assistant and no connection, altho the PC tells me that it is plugged in, but doesn't show on the computer either. Might try the Macbook and see how I go.

You are right as far as my Tablet is concerned - no magnetic sensor. However, the phone has, so we shall see. Another problem, I loaded the Assistant and no connection, altho the PC tells me that it is plugged in, but doesn't show on the computer either. Might try the Macbook and see how I go.

did you install the pc driver for the usb connection with quad

Reactions: dirtybum
I have the same problem with my Samsung Tab 4. It does not have a magnetic sensor.

I have the same problem with my Samsung Tab 4. It does not have a magnetic sensor.

what same problem @

no connect to pc

or compass issue?

if your tab 4 has no compass or it is not working the app cannot show that info correctly then.
that simply means the tab is not completely compatible with all app features.
I don't have that model so I don't know if it does

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers