Arriving today.. suggestions please

Reaction score
I am receiving my first phantom 3 today. Pro model. I'd like some suggestions on how to spend my first evening and next few days getting familiar with it...

Read, read and read more.

Reactions: SCGENE
Reactions: Mark The Droner
Charge the batteries, YouTube search on how to check and update firmware, update if necessary, read the manual watch YouTube tutorials, practice with the simulator(props off) learn how to start and stop the motors, do not fly indoors no matter how tempting, download the uav forecast app and fly on a suitable day, in a big empty field away from water, learn as much about the return to home function and failsafe height and what the machine will do regarding battery levels, keep itin beginner mode until you are used to the controls.

I am receiving my first phantom 3 today. Pro model. I'd like some suggestions on how to spend my first evening and next few days getting familiar with it...
The Phantom 3 is much easier to fly than you imagine.
The trick is to not let this fool you into getting too adventurous too early.
Do your early flights in a large open area, well away from trees, buildings and obstacles.
Be afraid, very afraid of trees, buildings etc. They are involved in most incidents.
Read up on return to home procedures, practise using RTH and cancelling it so you understand how it works and how you can resume control in an RTH situation.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
start slowly and make sure to understand what you are doing lots of people start running and many of the runners have falls
slowly and sure is the best way to do things
you should learn with videos on youtube on how to update firmware and also after installing DJI GO look on the top on the right and find the simulator
and many of is are here to help you if you need help.

Battery management
Reading
Updates
New props
Get a tablet
First flights in open to 50% bat
Camera settings
Video editing software
Fly
Fly
Fly
Have fun

If you're anything like me you've already read and watched endless videos. I'll assume you want to know what to do in the air.....my advice is to find an open space, not too open though, that just made me want to go far. Practice simple maneuvers. Pick a spot and go to it, pick another. Do it keeping the nose of the bird pointed at the targets, then do it again pointing at you the entire time. It's fun, challenging, and rewarding. I think it's really beneficial to get a solid grasp of flying before flying FPV at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31