Arris + Phantom Gain settings

Reaction score
I asked once before, but didnt get any answers. I have an Arris CM2000 gimbal mounted onto my Phantom running stock props. I have noticed that the uneven weight distribution caused by the gimbal is causing the phantom to do the following: want to tip forward on lift-off, descend rapidly and a bit erratically, and drift during hover requiring considerable amount of opposite stick movement to keep still or straight flight.

Surely there are others with my setup out there that have experienced the same issues. The lift off issue is no doubt caused by the forward weight of the gimbal. What gain setting do you use in the naza software to compensate this? I am posting this question in a few places, I hope that doesn't offend anyone. Thanks in advance!

I found mine to be a bit nose heavy,. so I just pull back a little bit on take-off.

But not really sure if bumping up the gains will help too much.. couldn't hurt to try tho!

Great Question!! I've been wondering the same. I usually have to get it full throttle for take off but it goes straight up. My only concern is when it goes into secondary fail sail and it starts coming down on its own. It's coming in heaving and luckily, I've always been in a grassy area when this has happend....so no damage...just a good scare. LOL!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl