Arris CM3000 + Phantom 2, What is going wrong?

Oh by the way, i saw your latest footage.. and it looks familiar!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jl7vpAk-_Q[/youtube]

Thanks Rallyeman for the tips. I also just ordered a H3-3d and I am sure I will get better results than with the CM3000 (can't get worse). Now I just hope they take it back or I will also have to make a DYI handheld gimbal out of it.

Should have checked the forum prior to my purchase. No more Arris stuff. They cannot sell the CM3000 with an extended phantom mounting plate and then say it is not compatible...

EDIT: Got a reply from Hobby-Wing:

"It looks that it is too heavy for phantom to carry.
Some customer used the carbon fiber propeller, then there is almost no vibration.

So we really do not know which is a better for it.
If you could not get it working properly, you can return it to us."

I did try it with the balanced carbon fiber props. No difference. I am going to return it. What a waste of time. Waiting for my H3-3D gimbal to arrive...

Zwyser said:
Thanks Rallyeman for the tips. I also just ordered a H3-3d and I am sure I will get better results than with the CM3000 (can't get worse). Now I just hope they take it back or I will also have to make a DYI handheld gimbal out of it.

Should have checked the forum prior to my purchase. No more Arris stuff. They cannot sell the CM3000 with an extended phantom mounting plate and then say it is not compatible...

EDIT: Got a reply from Hobby-Wing:

"It looks that it is too heavy for phantom to carry.
Some customer used the carbon fiber propeller, then there is almost no vibration.

So we really do not know which is a better for it.
If you could not get it working properly, you can return it to us."

I did try it with the balanced carbon fiber props. No difference. I am going to return it. What a waste of time. Waiting for my H3-3D gimbal to arrive...

Hmm, do me a favour and bring your gains down to 100 and try again!

Thanks for all the good tips. I have removed the gimbal by now and switched back to the H3-2d which gave me good results besides the fish tail effect. I will send the CM3000 back this weekend

That kind of shaking looks more like gains or some kind of weird structural vibrations.
I've experienced the same .. when I attached cheap landing gear and a Tarot to my F450.

How was the gimbal attached to the Phantom? was the top plate secured to the bottom of the Phantom, or did you use any other kind of isolation in combination?

I returned mine unopened after hearing about all the problems and am still waiting for a refund. They seem to be in no rush. I've opened up a complaint with Paypal. Hopefully they can get things moving. First time EVER I've had any trouble getting a refund from an online purchase.

Yes. Just made a call to Paypal and they are sending them an email. Paypal told me to also go through Visa. Also found the owner of the company on Facebook and sent him a message about 5 hours ago so I'll see if he can get the ball rolling. They'll never see my money again.

I'm out of town right now, but have an H3-3d waiting for me when I get home. Seems to be the way to go.

Both Paypal and Visa claim that the transaction is too old for them to do anything about it. What happened is, the product was delivered while I was out of town, so it sat at the delivery depot for about a month and a half. Just before going to pick it up, I realized through online forums that the Arris 3000 was going to be more hassle than what it was worth so I refused the shipment. I told her this and she said it was fine and once they got it I would get my refund. 2 weeks later they finally acknowledged that they received the product and that I would get my refund. They told me to wait. 3 or 4 days later, I email them again. They told me that since is was over 2 months, they couldn't give me a refund through their website and that she had sent my Paypal info to another department. Every email I've sent since then has been ignored. Paypal sent them one email telling them they can't have my product and my money at the same time. That email was ignored. Now Paypal tells me they might be able to escalate the dispute and will know on Monday. If not, I'm out of luck and Hobby-Wing can get away without paying me a cent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1