Arris CM2000 software best setting

Reaction score
Hi there!
I'd like to share and comment the best software set up of Arris CM2000 gimbal.
I don't know if someone got the perfect set up, but although I almost got it, sometimes the gimbal starts shaking and doing crazy movementes...
I saw all youtube videos about setting up arris but no one worked fine.
So, I'll upload a screen capture of my settings and lets see if all arris users can get the perfect set up sharing our settings!!!

Arangu said:
Hi there!
I don't know if someone got the perfect set up, but although I almost got it, sometimes the gimbal starts shaking and doing crazy movementes...
So, I'll upload a screen capture of my settings and lets see if all arris users can get the perfect set up sharing our settings!!!

there is no perfect settings that work for everyone......

First the camera has to be balanced in both axis, not doing this before adding power will cause much grief is trying to deal with oscillations. Since each platform will have slight differences, you need to fine tune with the Arris software. Mine works great, other than the normal glitches from the controllers design that can't be helped.

Someone asked me if I could take a screenshot of my settings so they could copy them, I replied back "Why? they won't help you" Main reason is the gimbal motors all have their own little quirks, that and Arris uses several different brands as well. Then there's the controller and the several different versions of those. Back to the gimbal motors, I know mine have a sweet spot, that is a position the motor seems to work the best. I kept rotation mine till I found the position that held stable and even the high pitch noise gets quieter. After finding this spot, went into the software and made some very minor adjustments.

Then when you initially put power before flight make sure the camera is level and pointing in the right direction. If the gimbal seems to go crazy, remove power, then restart. Still trying to find time to make a video on what I just mentioned.

Most cases I've seen so far where people are having issues is directly related to not balancing the camera first, which in some cases will need to be taken apart, to do some modifications.

I've never messed with my PID settings of my Arris.
.just the manual tilt/roll settings.

Works just fine for me.
But as Bruce mentions,. the key is having it balanced out prior to turning it on.

Gizmo3000 said:
I've never messed with my PID settings of my Arris.
.just the manual tilt/roll settings.

Works just fine for me.
But as Bruce mentions,. the key is having it balanced out prior to turning it on.

+1, same mine. If not leveled, when powered it will shake crazy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAH-7HcuATU[/youtube]

BruceTS said:
Arangu said:
Hi there!

there is no perfect settings that work for everyone......

First the camera has to be balanced in both axis, not doing this before adding power will cause much grief is trying to deal with oscillations. Since each platform will have slight differences, you need to fine tune with the Arris software. Mine works great, other than the normal glitches from the controllers design that can't be helped.

Someone asked me if I could take a screenshot of my settings so they could copy them, I replied back "Why? they won't help you" Main reason is the gimbal motors all have their own little quirks, that and Arris uses several different brands as well. Then there's the controller and the several different versions of those. Back to the gimbal motors, I know mine have a sweet spot, that is a position the motor seems to work the best. I kept rotation mine till I found the position that held stable and even the high pitch noise gets quieter. After finding this spot, went into the software and made some very minor adjustments.

Then when you initially put power before flight make sure the camera is level and pointing in the right direction. If the gimbal seems to go crazy, remove power, then restart. Still trying to find time to make a video on what I just mentioned.

Most cases I've seen so far where people are having issues is directly related to not balancing the camera first, which in some cases will need to be taken apart, to do some modifications.
So, no perfect set up?
I see...
BruceTS, it would be great to see a video where you explain to beginners like me the secrets of this gimbal (looking for that sweet spot, high pitch noise...all that sounds chinese to me...heheh).
Right now would you change for a zenmuse?
I got the arris because it looked great in quality/price.
What do you think about it?

Arangu said:
Right now would you change for a zenmuse?
I got the arris because it looked great in quality/price.
What do you think about it?

If someone gave it to me free, sure I'd use it. Is it better than the Arris? not really looks fancy but has less features and just as prone to failure. Arris has advantages, like it's modular design, so you can make changes in the future. The controller can easily be switched to a different version, gimbal motors can be swapped and if you break a carbon fiber part, replacements can be purchased or made. Oh did I mention how easy the install is....

Just wait 6 months, there will be a clone of the Zenmuse for around $100

At this point I'd probably get a Tarot since they seem to be getting good reviews, heck I could buy 5 of them for the price of a Zenmuse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers