arrested and charged at the US Open

I'm sort of perplexed why so many Phantom pilots are getting arrested since they tend to stand in close proximity to the Phantom --- ie, dumb.

With all the YouTube videos showing ranges out to 3 or 4 miles, why aren't these douchers standing from a long distance off (1 mile) when they try these publicity stunts? It'd be a lot harder for the coppers to track them down. You could even black out the LEDs with electrical tape and then it'd be nearly impossible for the police to follow it in the sky back to the pilot.

From what I've been reading, the cops in NYC will charge you with "Reckless endangerment".
If you challenge the citation, it is possible you could win. If you can show that it was not recklessly flown.
What I'd like to know is how do they define "reckless"?
According to the FAA, flying within 20 feet of a statue is reckless.

I disagree. There's time & place to fly quads and outside of a stadium full of people is a dangerous and reckless. I bet more than half of the phantom pilots can't fly workout GPS assist. I for one wouldn't like that level pilot flying over my head.
What happened to asking for permission to fly at events like this? This sort of action don't help with how the new laws going to be established in the States

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl