Army Corps Engineer Lakes

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you are able to fly on the Army Corps Engineer Properties. The campsite host asked me if I was able to fly it over here and I said I was then he said at the end that he doesn't think I'm supposed to be because he apparently was reading the regulations on drones. He didn't even know I was flying it until I said something about it. I found a form by their HQ saying that you can fly them. He tried to tell me that there is sensitive stuff out here. But I'm military and fly on military bases all the time and never get in trouble lol
cf33ba0fe05d1ec33c1df6e0deca190c.jpg
this is the view I have got out there.

Yeah that's just the Nashville Area. I'm in Texas. I fly out here all the time. lol I think it's just the camp host wanted to seem smart.

If the area is indeed deemed "sensitive" it might have some special restrictions. You'd be well advised to inquire higher up the chain if you don't think he's right. Whatever you do get your approval in writing just to CYA.

Reactions: macoman
If the area has some "sensitive stuff", there would be no public campsites. But then I don't have that guys "cushy" government job !

Exactly I think the guy was just blowing smoke. I've flown on military bases with way higher sensitive stuff. I'm like dude I hold a Secret Security Clearance for the Army lol they don't just hand those out. I flew it again out here anyways. There is an RC airfield like less than a mile away and it's right next to the lakes HQ so I'll just tell him next time that I'll fly from over there and then get the footage I want from there. The guy also told me that he can make this a no fly zone. I told him I was flying it the other day right next to the park ranger and they didn't say anything. But it could of been because he didn't want to ruin a soldiers fun since I was in uniform.

Last edited:
Exactly I think the guy was just blowing smoke. I've flown on military bases with way higher sensitive stuff. I'm like dude I hold a Top Secret Security Clearance for the Army lol they don't just hand those out. I flew it again out here anyways. There is an RC airfield like less than a mile away and it's right next to the lakes HQ so I'll just tell him next time that I'll fly from over there and then get the footage I want from there. The guy also told me that he can make this a no fly zone. I told him I was flying it the other day right next to the park ranger and they didn't say anything. But it could of been because he didn't want to ruin a soldiers fun since I was in uniform.
At the very most he could make it a no take-off/landing zone.

Thank you for your service.

Yeah that's just the Nashville Area. I'm in Texas. I fly out here all the time. lol I think it's just the camp host wanted to seem smart.
Last weekend I was at my friends camp site on lake Waco didn't see anything at the gate saying no drones but waited while visiting with my friends seen the core park ranger making her rounds stopped her and asked about it. She told me as of now the core does not have a ban but if a campsite complaint was made for noise she would have to ask me to stop and I explain I was only taking off and landing there because the footage I was wanting was outside of the park and thanked her for her time. I did my 10 minute flight went back to visiting with my friends and an hour or so later another phantom come flying over us lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj