Arm re-inforcement plates - screws and tubes go here :

Reaction score
Just fitted plates to my arms under the motors. I have read a few posts where people question why so many screws etc.

The set I bought of ebay had two sets of screws. 16 longer motor screws and 8 longer moulding screws with 8 short tubes.

The long motor screws are obvious and are needed to compensate for extra thickness of the plate.

The other 8 screws and tubes are for the two positions on the inner ends of the plates arms. Take out the old original screws ... put the tubes into the holes ... long screws through to brace the plates. This then locks the assembly as a whole, But on mine the screws are just that little bit short !! You may be lucky to have longer in your set.

Its worth also while the motors are not bolted down to carefully lift them a touch and using a bent piece of wire - with a small drop of very light lubricating oil - Sewing Machine Oil is best or 3in1 bicycle oil if nothing else - touch it into centre back of motor to the shaft end while upended ... turn motor so it gets in behind the C clip into the bearing there.

Nigel

Last edited:
Just fitted plates to my arms under the motors. I have read a few posts where people question why so many screws etc.

The set I bought of ebay had two sets of screws. 16 longer motor screws and 8 longer moulding screws with 8 short tubes.

The long motor screws are obvious and are needed to compensate for extra thickness of the plate.

The other 8 screws and tubes are for the two positions on the inner ends of the plates arms. Take out the old original screws ... put the tubes into the holes ... long screws through to brace the plates. This then locks the assembly as a whole, But on mine the screws are just that little bit short !! You may be lucky to have longer in your set.

Its worth also while the motors are not bolted down to carefully lift them a touch and using a bent piece of wire - with a small drop of very light lubricating oil - Sewing Machine Oil is best or 3in1 bicycle oil if nothing else - touch it into centre back of motor to the shaft end while upended ... turn motor so it gets in behind the C clip into the bearing there.

Nigel
Hey nigel that happened me also but with a different approach i found they were just right.
I cant remember exactly but i think the ones with the tubes go in first and then the rest.
I thought i got a bad set but they tightened up solid when i did manage to get them to fit.
I know youve years of experiance with models but give it another shot,might just work

Sent from my SM-A500FU using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey nigel that happened me also but with a different approach i found they were just right.
I cant remember exactly but i think the ones with the tubes go in first and then the rest.
I thought i got a bad set but they tightened up solid when i did manage to get them to fit.
I know youve years of experiance with models but give it another shot,might just work

Sent from my SM-A500FU using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the vote of confidence !!

I elected in the end to leave those tube ones out .. I did try fitting before the motor screws but didn't like only having a thread or two holding ...
I may look through my various bins as I have a lot of different screws for helicopters etc. and fit slightly longer ..

Cheers
Nigel

Reactions: shanek
I was looking at getting something like this. How well do they work?
69fca62a9af3b77b2de9920baf706f77.jpg

I can thoroughly recc'd the plates. In fact I would say to fit them to new P3 before cracks appear.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik