Argtek wifi extender

Reaction score
Just fitted my Argtek wifi extender so easy the only tricky bit was getting the connectors to stay attached while putting hot glue on to make them stay put, all I need now is some decent weather to get to get my P3s up into the air. I have been told they increase the range by a huge amount, well I'll report back when I've fully tested it.

Nice just ordered my Argtek earlier today from Amazon should have it in 2 days . Can't wait. Let us know how it goes .. Good luck and fly safe

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just fitted my Argtek wifi extender so easy the only tricky bit was getting the connectors to stay attached while putting hot glue on to make them stay put, all I need now is some decent weather to get to get my P3s up into the air. I have been told they increase the range by a huge amount, well I'll report back when I've fully tested it.
They should have clicked on bob ..That don't sound right to me .

Reactions: Mike's Bird
Yeah, they stay on themselves... if they didn't seat correctly you may see a decrease in range.
Please let us know how you like it... unfortunately most didn't have good luck with that antenna.

Really? So what antenna would you suggest I just ordered a few hours ago I have time to cancel

The general consensus is that the Itelite DBS is they way to go. Proven effective. There are many, many threads on the forum about them.

Reactions: Mike's Bird
Here's one thread on it and there are many if you will do a search DBS vs ARGtek

Ok thanks tj
I am getting one myself on Wednesday.

PS - Dirkclod is the resident expert... he has tried several styles of antennas and ended up with 2 DBS panels.

Reactions: dirkclod
Dirkclod I would greatly appreciate your insight. I live in nj lots of houses lots of interference.

I am getting one myself on Wednesday.

PS - Dirkclod is the resident expert... he has tried several styles of antennas and ended up with 2 DBS panels.
Just do what Dr. Dirkclod says.... I love mine and have had my P3S max out at 17459'. Two miles of solid, no worries, signal is all day long with that antenna. :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Here we are hijacking Bobs thread. Sorry Bob, and welcome to the forum. Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 12.22.12 AM☀️ copy 2.png

The arg-tek is better than stock, and when it first came out it was similarly priced to the DBS, so it was compared often. Now that it has come down in price it can be a good option for those looking for a cheaper choice.

Reactions: Bronx_Bomber
The set up on the right I like
One on the right is for my P2V .Extender is on back TX.JPG
There's lots of threads on these and have about tried all . This one to stay compact and do good low is the best I have used .
Others are cheaper but when you keep trying different ones it adds up .

Make sure they don't look like this bob .
bad connection.jpeg They should have clicked on and just don't come off real easy .

This is my stock range with a windsurfer. I ordered the ARGtek and am worried I'll mess up a good thing. Thoughts?

3f256b839d9f5f9fe1c2a271887f958d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is my stock range with a windsurfer. I ordered the ARGtek and am worried I'll mess up a good thing. Thoughts?

3f256b839d9f5f9fe1c2a271887f958d.jpg

I don't think that's a "good thing" range wise. But I would not go the ARGtek route they don't work as good as a DBS antenna on any Phantom.

10,500ft with a stock standard and a surfer isn't a good thing? Some people here are fighting to get over 2000'. But alright so you don't thing I'll gain much with the ARGtek?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers