ARGTEK WiFi Extender Tested

What do you use for a tablet mount when using these antennas? I have the Evolution 3d mount, and that doesn't look like it'll be compatible.

Last edited:
Why would the receiver be transmitting anything on 2.4 ghz???? My understanding is the 2.4ghz is for video and the transmitter is in the Phantom and the receiver just listens at 2.4ghz since it has no reason to transmit video back to the drone. The 5.8ghz on the other hand does transmits control requests to the drone and I believe receives status updates so it works in both directions, both transmit and receiving but at 5.8ghz..

2.4 is typical two way wifi connection between both devices. Also 2.4 is used as to connect your device with app.
Remote controller acts as Access Point. Drone and Device connect to it as clients. Therefore you see PHANTOM3_XXXX network listed.
Video and all telemetry data (even signal strenght for 5.8) is reported back via 2.4

5.8 is one way remote -> drone. It is not wifi connection. It is based on BK5811 chip.
It is used to send your joystick movements, CSC etc.
There are two identical transceivers, one is in remote acting as transmitter, and the other in drone acting as receiver - they can only operate in one mode RX or TX ( this is set by firmware ).
If you loose 5.8 your drone will initiate RTH.

hiya, i'm in the uk too. what height do you get before video feed cuts out? I get about 50 meters where I am

I got 9000ft off of a stock RC and a windsurfer. No need for Argtec mod...

1591846f2cafa927172bb7f65702e7be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Very impressive - can you provide a link of where I might be able to order one of these?

Is this tutorial good for install ARGtek:
?

I'm afraid to do it and break my RC, which tutoriel have you used ?

I just installed it yesterday and plan on taking out next week. Looking for a strong wifi signal and more distance. Worth a try. The only advise on installation would be take your time. Plenty of videos' out there to help on U-Tube.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair