ARGtek vs. DBS Mods/ITELITE. Any back to back tests?

De-rigging a DBS is not exactly like Argtec .... the DBS has leads and mount to de-rig. All I do is unscrew antenna with no leads to risk ....

Lets put as ... I'm removing a Hubcap .... a DBS guy is removing the Hubcap and the wheel !! #

I know what I prefer.

Nigel

Butt Ugly DBS antenna

ayyyy!!!!.gif
c.jpg

Naaaaaa ;)

Reactions: k9time
I like Volvo ... some like BMW ... if we all liked the same - what an uninteresting world it would be !

Nigel

Reactions: Kunjaba007
I don't mind the DBS at all but personally at this stage just wanted something cheap, cheerful and didn't require any non-reversible controller modifications.

Your right Nigel I was just razzing you . I have tried everything you could try and was using FPVLR's before the panel
came out and found the panel did give me where I'm at the best results . The Argtec wasn't even being sold when I had
found what I preferred so I just stuck with it and I don't remove them as I really don't travel no more cept local and carry
like this lopo.jpg
BigR you do not have to alter your TX to use the panel as a lot just use longer cables and go through the antenna hole
but you are looking at 120.00 a panel .

Reactions: k9time and BigR1979
Here are a few of my flights with the DBS mod.

cb4a1cb21ca6c77c5c3da9b83febda40.jpg
d3111c0af57d5980b1cd815a8f06ba7e.jpg
fac93e25ca5ff441eaba26b726d00e4e.jpg

You can see the one with a distance of 3829ft is in a small (really small) city setting with 1-3 story buildings around. The one with a distance of 4352ft is a heavily wooded rural area with tons of 80ft pine trees around. The last with a distance of 7103ft is over water and marsh, basically no obstructions.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Argtec .... regular 2000m flights .... not bad for $40 add on.

Nigel

I have the ARGtek Blueproton installed. I checked connection but only get 1400 over open water and lost signal and it did a RTH. Thought I would get atleast double that.

I have to update this. I went last weekend and tested again. This time with ARGtec I got over 5,700 feet at 225 feet high.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have to admit I thought I snapped it in all the way. i opened back again and had a gut feeling the middle wire connector needs to be checked. So I took off and snapped back in. That is what I think was the issue.

However when I first tried the distance test yes I was on opened water but I was flying toward the Bay Bridge and maybe all the metal and electronic devices on bridge was interfering ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

That's a comon issue on those cables. If you don't hear it
Click it normally isn't connected right and middle is video.
I have always used the eraser end of a pencil to seat it as
I seem to hear it better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4