ARGtek vs. DBS Mods/ITELITE. Any back to back tests?

Reaction score
As a newb, I was quick to fall for the "4x the range" advertisement on the ARGtek kit, so I immediately ordered it. Now after doing some reading on here, I see that the DBS Mods/ITelite set up is more preferred. I went ahead and ordered the DBS/ITELITE today, along with some better internal u.fl to rp-sma RG178 cables. The ones they give you look sooooo thin. I wish they'd just include the better ones. At this kind of price point, you shouldn't have to upgrade something like that. As far as the ARGtek goes, I have 19 more days to send it back, if needed.

Anyways. On to my question. Has anyone ever owed/used both back to back? What were your results? I did a search on here and Youtube. Most distance reports seemed to be from people that have only owned one type. Or maybe I just haven't found the thread yet.

Here's my results with the ARGtek. Had to RTH due to low battery.
83960ba6fcc11eddfa131729041e37d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

As a newb, I was quick to fall for the "4x the range" advertisement on the ARGtek kit, so I immediately ordered it. Now after doing some reading on here, I see that the DBS Mods/ITelite set up is more preferred. I went ahead and ordered the DBS/ITELITE today, along with some better internal u.fl to rp-sma RG178 cables. The ones they give you look sooooo thin. I wish they'd just include the better ones. At this kind of price point, you shouldn't have to upgrade something like that. As far as the ARGtek goes, I have 19 more days to send it back, if needed.

Anyways. On to my question. Has anyone ever owed/used both back to back? What were your results? I did a search on here and Youtube. Most distance reports seemed to be from people that have only owned one type. Or maybe I just haven't found the thread yet.

I've ask the same question and apparently nobody has used both.i have the argtek and am very happy with the performance of it and the fact that it includes both directional and Omni antennas makes it a better option for me.the dbs looks to be a directional only setup but I can't verify that as I only have the argtek.

I've ask the same question and apparently nobody has used both.i have the argtek and am very happy with the performance of it and the fact that it includes both directional and Omni antennas makes it a better option for me.the dbs looks to be a directional only setup but I can't verify that as I only have the argtek.

What was your range before and after the mod?

Just to chime in I notice a few of the install tutorials online get the wires wrong.

The longest wire isn't always the 5.8. I have personally seen 3 RCs with the 2.4 wire connected to the 5.8 because they used the "longest wire" method.

For me on mine the white wire was the center antenna and the longest (black) was a 2.4. I am going to hazard a guess that the people who say the distance got worse connected a 2.4 wire to 5.8 port.

I am going to hazard a guess that the people who say the distance got worse connected a 2.4 wire to 5.8 port.

I even took mine back apart to confirm 100% that I didn't have them mixed up. Middle antenna lead went to the very bottom u.fl connector. 2 side ones went to the other 2.

Reactions: Heavenlyview
I bought the Argtek and have awesome results. Before the mod I was getting 3897-4006 feet consistently. After I have only been able to do one Range Test because of the high winds here in Oklahoma. Anyways I got 7491 feet easy had great radio and video but was afraid to go further because of the headwinds flying back.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Just for giggles I installed the stock antenna and reset the 2.4 panels I took out. Went 325ft and lost video, 411 lost control. Removed the stock antenna and 2.4 panels from inside the controller and tested again 20 minutes later. Exact same area same weather same wind. Went 710ft before video went out and stopped at 925ft range because I could not see it and I don't fly out of line of sight. I'm my case the Argtek is a large increase over stock. I removed the 2.4 panels from inside the controller which I have noticed not all people do.

Just for reference I'm in Canada and did this test it front of my house where over 30 Wi-Fi signals are present on the one block alone. Very congested area. In open Fields 7000ft is easily attainable.

I have just installed Itelite after running ARGtec. I gained a few hundred feet. The strange thing I gained signal in areas I basically had no signal before. Would have stayed with ARGtec if there had been a way of boosting it with amps. Now if I decide to go for it have the platform for it. Probably will when the duel band Sunhans hits the market. All in all both systems beat stock by alot.

Sent from my SM-T817V using PhantomPilots mobile app

2493m with Argtec ........ 700m with stock before.

Both with Icarus 27dbm mod.

Nigel

DBS is all directional and the ARGtek has directional wifi and omni or directional RC. I don't care about omni so I have the DBS mod and am very happy with it. I have went out 4000ft with mine and that was with trees in the way. I also think the DBS mod looks cooler too. The ARGtek kinda looks like someone just threw something together, especially with all three panels on it. From what I've read it seems they are both pretty equal on range.

Omni and Directional: AGR > DBS
Looks (opinion): ARG < DBS
Range: ARG = DBS

Those are my thoughts.

Reactions: KiwiBird

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen