Argtek Urban Environment

Reaction score
Hi there,

Bit of a background story. I bought my P3S in september after saving up all year. I finally got it, charged everything and got it up to fly. I was only able to go 30m high and around 50m away from take-off point. I contacted the store and i got another quad.

Excitedly i reopened the quad. Charged everything etc. Got it up to fly and i got the exact same results. So i thought: It might have something to do with my environment. When i went to my grandparents i took my quad with me and took it out for a flight. Very big improvement, I got 70m high and 120m away. Still kinda bad, but it was better then before.

Then i started thinking what could be causing the trouble back home, and then it hit me. In my hometown we have this huge radio/cellular tower. I am quite sure thats causing the trouble.

Today i was thinking about selling my quad. But then i thought: What if i buy an Argtek?

Now my question is: If i buy an Argtek, will it improve my video range even though there is a lot of interference?

EDIT: The ranges i am talking about are for the video feed. NOT the 5.8gz signal!

I'd honestly just save up for the dbs, man. I've had both and I'm much happier with the dbs. My next plan is to add amps. It really is worth the extra money. Argtek will improve your video feed but not like the dbs.

I'd honestly just save up for the dbs, man. I've had both and I'm much happier with the dbs. My next plan is to add amps. It really is worth the extra money. Argtek will improve your video feed but not like the dbs.
Even in the urban area's where the signal gets interfered with a lot?

Even in the urban area's where the signal gets interfered with a lot?
Just overall, its better. I live in a neighborhood with plenty of wifi interference. On 2 separate fights I've gone farther and noticed better video quality than the argtek. For the money you really do get noticeable difference between the 2 antennas. Save your money and get the dbs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4