ARGtek Signal Booster unexpected results

Reaction score
My P3S is my first and I've had it for a month now. I purchased a signal booster because I was upset with the range. Here it is here;
AU SHIP ARGtek DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit

I managed to get 550m so far but the video feed still cuts out at ~120m (same as the old antenna). Any idea why this happens? I am flying 50m+ above a suburban area with my house wifi turned OFF for as little interference as possible. The antennas are pointed at the craft and there are no buildings/trees in the way.

I was under the impression the video feed would last a lot longer considering this is their demo video.

The video feed is super helpful at those ranges because without it I'm basically flying blind because the drone is so small.

Any suggestions? Maybe sell it and buy a better model? Any advice will be super helpful, i am a noob :)

You might try a DBS mod. I haven't tried the Argtek mod but it seems to get poorer reviews. I have a P3S with a DBS mod and I get substantially better range. I'm considering a P3A or P3P later for more range out of the box.

I use the Argtek and have seen about 6100 feet before loosing control. I had video at the time so I could watch it.

Welcome Xwing, I'm guessing your unexpected results r the bad kind? What was your increase and what kind of range r u looking for at the moment?

I use the Argtek and have seen about 6100 feet before loosing control. I had video at the time so I could watch it.

Not sure why my results differ so vastly. I was even flying it over the ocean only to have the video feed cut out at 120m and RC at 150m with the ARGtek mod. All I need is the video feed so I can watch it and that's what isn't working for me.

Welcome Xwing, I'm guessing your unexpected results r the bad kind? What was your increase and what kind of range r u looking for at the moment?

Increase of over 400m in RC with the ARGtek mod. Video feed still cuts out at ~120m similar to the original antenna which is not what I'm after.

Can anyone advise if a DBS mod will increase the range for the video feed? Specifically this one

drone-antennas

Also, I notice they come in different versions i.e. ITE-DBS01.2 and ITEBS01.4. Does this mean anything of significance?

Not sure why my results differ so vastly. I was even flying it over the ocean only to have the video feed cut out at 120m and RC at 150m with the ARGtek mod. All I need is the video feed so I can watch it and that's what isn't working for me.

Increase of over 400m in RC with the ARGtek mod. Video feed still cuts out at ~120m similar to the original antenna which is not what I'm after.

Can anyone advise if a DBS mod will increase the range for the video feed? Specifically this one

drone-antennas

Also, I notice they come in different versions i.e. ITE-DBS01.2 and ITEBS01.4. Does this mean anything of significance?
I got 1100m with DBS antenna, unboosted, did the 27dbm mod. Then, I got 4.5km with additional amps.
Edit: I should also mention that it was in suburban, some parts dense housing and some parts just empty lands.

Last edited:
try downgrade firmware. i couldnt go 40m without losing video. now can go 500 over trees.
also i dont think the antenna should be pointed directly at the bird.

l was using an argtek at 1 time an from my backyard l didn't get over 4400'. Switched to dbs an also didn't go over 4400'. With boosted dbs l'm maxed at 7411' in same location. l'm in a very polluted area an don't have time to test anywhere else. Most people can usually triple their range over water.

l'm not sure bout diff between the S01.2 AN SO1.4

I also have a ARGTek mod on my P3S, you might want to open up your RC again and make sure the two video antenna wires are firmly connected. When installing mine I found you have to apply descent pressure to get the connections to clip properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4