ARGTek P4 Pro+ range extender install

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have purchased a ARGTek P4 Pro+ range extender for my P4 Pro+ and I want to install my self but it came with no install docs. I would prefer a step by step video if poss and a recent one to cover the Phantom 4 Pro +. Can anybody help or direct me where to go.
It has a very simple kit: 2 anttenas 2 cables + tools

Cheers to all that help

cistec
ARGTek P4 Pro image kit.jpg

They're all over YouTube:

Why do you think that these antennas will work as range extender?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Droneted
Why do you think that these antennas will work as range extender?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Some reviews and peoples opinions ...I am a little sceptical but for the low cost and non invasive/mods to RC I thought it might be worth a try..but if you can advise on a much better and tested workable system for reasonable cost I would be interested.

Thanks

Mixed reviews....dbs/maxxuav is a proven reliable system 3 of my friends also have dbs great results

I have visited the DBS site but it does not say it supports Phantom 4 PRO + Drones! I may have missed something? it supports Phantom 4 but could see anything on Phantom 4 PRO. If there is a section on P4 Pro+ please send me the link.

Also seen very heated debate on the FPVLR V DBS on these forums.

Cheers

sorry I do not know what you mean "I think max said him self end of February" ???

I would expect three antenna wires inside the P4P.
1. Control transmit, 2.4ghz
2. Video receive, 2.4Ghz
3. Video receive, 5.8Ghz

Has anyone opened up their P4P controller to check this out?

I presume that's why Itelite needs to design a new antenna, to include a third antenna array in the panel.

This ARGTEK kit doesn't look complete to me.

sorry I do not know what you mean "I think max said him self end of February" ???
The itelite antenna for p4p max said he will have that ready by the end of feb....because the regular p4 itelite will not work he had to design a new panel because of the 5.8 ghz

OK thanks guys...I will wait till they design a new panel.
2. Video receive, 2.4Ghz
3. Video receive, 5.8Ghz

I presume that's why Itelite needs to design a new antenna, to include a third antenna array in the panel.

That sounds correct from what I have been reading also, a third antenna sounds logical. Lets hope it's sooner rather than later.

Also FPVR are emailing me that they have a system available now for P4 and P4 Pro use same kit you can see the tutorial on www.facebook.com/groups/fpvlr sounds interesting and tempting but I will go with my gut feeling and give itelite a try first, if that renders below average return then I will go FPVR.

As for the ARGTek antenna kit I am sure it is missing some parts as you said but it says it is for the P4Pro, I only paid $60+pp so it is not a lot of money but the support from ARGTek is non existing, I sent 5 emails over 2 weeks with no reply and a lot of the email addresses I was given and tried bounced right back, not saying this is their general response but in my case it was, unfortunatley..shame because they may have lost a new customer with a love of flying with dedicated disposable income to invest in the hobby.

Cheers for your input John

2. Video receive, 2.4Ghz
3. Video receive, 5.8Ghz

I don't believe there is a third antenna.Both antennas are compatible with the 2,4 and 5,8 ghz also.
Something like this antenna:
2.4G/5.8G 8DB Wifi 99 UK Omnidirectional High Gain Antenna Bore White | eBay

I don't believe there is a third antenna.Both antennas are compatible with the 2,4 and 5,8 ghz also.
Something like this antenna:
2.4G/5.8G 8DB Wifi 99 UK Omnidirectional High Gain Antenna Bore White | eBay

Maybe, but in the Inspire RC DJI uses three antennas to accommodate the 5.8Ghz transmit for the second remote option. The left transmit antenna rod actually has two antennas built into the shaft, and there are two antenna wires going into that one antenna. If DJI combined the antenna, and used the same antenna for both 2.4 and 5.8Ghz frequencies, I would be surprised. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I'm pretty sure the optimization of video reception would be compromised for efficiency if they did that, unless I'm missing something. I totally expected one antenna (presumably the right side video receive side) would have two antennas built into the one antenna housing shaft. I wish someone who has opened up a P4P controller could confirm the setup.

Maybe, but in the Inspire RC DJI uses three antennas to accommodate the 5.8Ghz transmit for the second remote option. The left transmit antenna rod actually has two antennas built into the shaft, and there are two antenna wires going into that one antenna. If DJI combined the antenna, and used the same antenna for both 2.4 and 5.8Ghz frequencies, I would be surprised. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I'm pretty sure the optimization of video reception would be compromised for efficiency if they did that, unless I'm missing something. I totally expected one antenna (presumably the right side video receive side) would have two antennas built into the one antenna housing shaft. I wish someone who has opened up a P4P controller could confirm the setup.
The 5,8 ghz antenna of the inspire's radio is for the connection of the pilots radio with the camera's operator radio.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl