Argtek on my P3S - Poor range

Reaction score
Argtek antenna installed on my P3S, but the signal is much worse than the original antenna. I installed correctly and made sure that the cables are correct. someone help?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do you have a pic of the inside of rc where the uf.l cables clip into the board? I know you said you installed it correctly and im not doubting you but you have to make sure you get all the dji glue off around the board and make sure the new uf.l connectors "click" in place, then glue them down

Reactions: dirkclod
5294564daa5b1cab482595f37f557651.jpg
removed the glue

All looks good

I know i only got about 1200-1500 ft more depending on where i was flying and had them angled. I wasnt very impressed with it so i ended up buying the DBS itelite.

Attachments

• 1462641412600.jpg
    1462641412600.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 541
What did you get stock for distance vs. The argtek??

Argtek = 180m
Original = 480m

hi, same problem, today im tried argtek on my p3s but total dissapointed. stock 500m and argtek 500m to. same place, tried multiple time. but only 530m. plz help.

I say ditch the ARGTek and get DBS

Attachments

• 1462711363819.jpg
    1462711363819.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 560
Maybe one of the wires is crimped/messed up on the inside of the mount bar? Or maybe fakes? Is it to late to return it??

Will a Terminator or aMaxxrange work on a standard
It will work for the 2.4 side of it..you would still need an antenna for the 5.8. Im going to eventually run the maxx or terminator unboosted and a 5.8 helical boosted.

need your help. if I get fake one, I will be back to stock antenna.

There were some being sold with legit box but the actual antennas were blank. Before i bought mine awhile back my buddy said to watch out for them...if they have the correct labels I would inspect the mount bar that contains the 3 sma connectors...there should be 2 screws you take out to separate and check. Something is definitely wrong with it for distance to be worse than stock with the argtek. I can pull my ARGTek box from the basement tomorrow and send pics of box and antennas if you want

whether there fake ARGTek? Can you explain a little bit? or maybe can give us a picture? fake and genuine?

Ive never seen the "fakes"..this was just something a buddy told me. I can post pics of mine with box if you'd like. Do you have pics of your setup?

I started with the Argtek as well and was disappointed with the results. Installed the itelite DBS and am pleased with the results. My main reason for the modification was to increase the quality of the live feed, which is great now. If your looking for good range extension I think you would be happy with the DBS.
Cheers,
Shawn

Reactions: Procharged97
It will work for the 2.4 side of it..you would still need an antenna for the 5.8. Im going to eventually run the maxx or terminator unboosted and a 5.8 helical boosted.
that sounds great.What brand of helical and booster do you recommend? Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik