Argtek mod... garbage?

Did the 10dbi Argtek mod extend your range?

• Yes

• No

• Range unchanged

Results are only viewable after voting.
so stock i would get about 1600' with windsuref 23-2600' argtek today with the 10 dbi omni antenna 3700' witht he panel 4300' but aiming was so difficult i usually fly at 350 ft altitude.. this test was done this morning
That's funny, those r my exact numbers except l get 4300' w/ there original 5.7 antenna

Reactions: lmayes69
I bout an amp hoping to get a little more distance.. I just want a little over a mile maybe a mile and a half lol
l'm sure you'll get the range your looking for

I was considering buying the argtek. Since I got my p3s about 3 weeks ago, I have got over 3000 ft regulary, and 5000 most anytime I fly. Today I hit 8800 ft then 10300 ft. This is stock with no mods. Ive never read of anyone getting this kind of distance stock. I do live out of town, quite a ways, but there still are houses near me. I almost scared to try the argtek. I don't know how it could get any better than what stock is !

700m stock ....
2493m with Argtec and Icarus

That was with FW 1.7.09. After updating FW range has dropped to 1800m

Nigel

I will be fitting a flat plate 14dbi antenna to the centre 5.8ghz .... as now I have reduced control range with this latest FW ... and Magic Power / Icarus do nothing for 5.8 Ghz signal ... only the 2.4Ghz video.

Nigel

700m stock ....
2493m with Argtec and Icarus

That was with FW 1.7.09. After updating FW range has dropped to 1800m

Nigel

Was the drop in range with the latest firmware tested in the same location and under the same conditions? I've had 2200m with the ARGtek and MagicPower with firmware 1.7.9, but have recently updated to the latest firmware. I haven't flown since so I'm just wondering whether I should expect a drop in range as a result.

I am wondering whether Windsurfers behind all three antenna can increase range ...

The flat plate video antenna will still be bleeding small amount of RF rearward / to the sides - so any we can push back forward is good.
The tall 5.8ghz stick is of course taller than a windsurfer - but my idea is to clip TWO surfers together and put behind the stick ....

With the flat plate 14dbi - it would be sufficient just the one surfer ...

Who knows ... it may just give a boost ....

Nigel

Was the drop in range with the latest firmware tested in the same location and under the same conditions? I've had 2200m with the ARGtek and MagicPower with firmware 1.7.9, but have recently updated to the latest firmware. I haven't flown since so I'm just wondering whether I should expect a drop in range as a result.

No it wasn't .... so it is a 'tongue in cheek' report. But previously I did fly at that location and had reasonable out to about 1900m far easier than yesterdays with new FW.

Here's yesterdays flight from the tablet ...

Nigel

I was getting a message on the GoAPP that read strong interference , do not fly extended range or something like that , every time I go off the ground , I have Main distribution Power lines & a Cell tower behind my house where I fly & know that probably part of the issue , not to mention I'm in a Sub division & probably a lot of WiFi .
First flight & no message on my phone at all , didn't go very far , because of the wind , but had no issues at all , I didn't install the ARGtec to run distance , I was looking for better reception & got it .

The voting doesn't make any sense, grammatically. It asks....Did the ARGtek extend your range? Yes. No. Range unchanged. So ummm.... Wouldn't "No" and "Range Unchanged" mean EXACTLY the same thing? Why are there 3 choices? If you were going to have a 3rd choice... it should be "made it worse".

If you install the 3 antenna system, the power that was going to only 2 antennas before is now being routed to 3. Any hint as to what the effects might be?

The mod doubled my range, just got it last week. Get it from Blue Protons actual store on Amazon. Have a lot better range with it in the same areas.

Installed one a few days ago. Nearly doubled my range as well. I may purchase another antenna system down the road to play with, but for now hitting 5000 feet without issue is good for me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you install the 3 antenna system, the power that was going to only 2 antennas before is now being routed to 3. Any hint as to what the effects might be?

? The stock has 3 antenna .... 1 external, 2 internal.

Nigel

I am wondering whether Windsurfers behind all three antenna can increase range ...

The flat plate video antenna will still be bleeding small amount of RF rearward / to the sides - so any we can push back forward is good.
The tall 5.8ghz stick is of course taller than a windsurfer - but my idea is to clip TWO surfers together and put behind the stick ....

With the flat plate 14dbi - it would be sufficient just the one surfer ...

Who knows ... it may just give a boost ....

Nigel

A 6 inch reflector on the 5.8GHz band should increase signal by approximately 16dBi. That's the math I don't know how that translates to real life change

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik