ArgTek Antenna Position-New Record

Reaction score
I have had my ArgTek installed for almost a month. Not great weather in Chicago so really haven't test all that much. Furthest distance was 3400 feet. About 400 better than stock.

Tonight it was calm and warmer so I went out to an open field. Got to 250 ft in height and let her rip. At about 3200 ft I lost signal so I started to play with the 2.4 antennas. I turned them at a 45 degree angle away from center and signal came back full strength. Flew out to 4500 feet and got scared. I brought it home.

I am pretty sure I could have went farther.

Next I am going to try below horizontal center at 45 degrees with them pointing up a notch or two. 5k feet here we come.

I did over 6550 feet.

I've been having distance trouble with mine. I'm gonna try this 45 degree trick tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. I'll post results

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

37e05a6d8358ff806211eabc8699c7e0.jpg
I did a 12600ft flight last week with stock antenna and windsurfer. For me, it was around 200-300 ft attitude. I might lower it a bit to get further next time.

Where can I get one of those antennas?

Sent from Ron's iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can find them on Ebay. I think someone had a link where you can get them in the states. The one I got was on ebay and it came from Taiwan. Nothing wrong with it but it took 3 weeks or so to get it.

Is this for the Standard?
I thought that the 2.4G antenna was for wi-fi video?
5.8 was for rc control?
IF..that is the case, I can't see how re-positioning the 2.4 antennas would help the distance.
It seems like it did. Am I all screwed up here?

When flying for distance do keep video connection for the whole distance or lose video connection and keep on pushing p3s?

I'm getting 6000+ feet out with just a homemade windsurfer. This is out of my ruralish neighborhood.
f0db7f0224210083a8fe29c66e2975c0.jpg

When flying for distance do keep video connection for the whole distance or lose video connection and keep on pushing p3s?
When I fly for distance which isn't that often and only because i get caught up in everyone on this site. I need both video and control.........to me one without the other isn't good. I bought the Phantom for photography (very amature mind you) so distance is no good to me if I can't see what I am taking a picture of.

Reactions: mcphipps
I flew this past weekend over a big lake and the best flight was only 3200'. For two other flights I was losing control at only 1000'. I am disappointed with the results.

Argtek was getting 1800ft . Added litchi and now getting 2800+. And got gear vr to work too.

Any one have tested open area flight no interference? I get 2.2km over water. I ordered the ARGtek but don't know if I'll gain anything
Also that's stock with surfer

Is this for the Standard?
I thought that the 2.4G antenna was for wi-fi video?
5.8 was for rc control?
IF..that is the case, I can't see how re-positioning the 2.4 antennas would help the distance.
It seems like it did. Am I all screwed up here?
Yes 2.4 is video and 5.8 is control .
Not sure why no one answered you .

Has anyone thrown a surfer on the ARGtek Rc antenna and tested?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj