Argtek antenna kit

Reaction score
I'm about to click the Buy It Now button on an auction for the Argtek antenna kit to use on my Phantom 3 standard, I need to know is it worth it I keep reading mixed reviews mostly good ones but there are few negatives. I am out in the country and there are a lot of trees and if I'm lucky with my stock setup I can get about 700 feet. I see there is the DBS antenna out there but I don't like the idea of having the drill holes in my transmitter so that's not going to happen. I will hold off a little longer till I get some advice please let me know. Thanks in advance

Check maxxuav.com they have a clean install kit, no need to drill holes and easy to install.

have it its alright but get dbs mod much better have that also and yes a big difference

Unless I'm mistaken Maxx doesn't have one for a Standard but TJ did his itelite this way to prevent drilling .
IMG_2382.jpg

The DBS is definitely beautiful but it's just something cost-wise I really can't do right now so my only other option would be the Argtek but I just want to know if it's worth it? Will I notice a bit of a range increase at all? Or am I doomed to stay within 700 feet

no it doubles the range

2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg
I get around 2900 feet in heavy congested neighborhood

The DBS is definitely beautiful but it's just something cost-wise I really can't do right now so my only other option would be the Argtek but I just want to know if it's worth it? Will I notice a bit of a range increase at all? Or am I doomed to stay within 700 feet
You're not doomed monster! But I would save your money until you can buy an antenna that's going to really do you justice. If you're only getting 700 feet where you're at argtech nor small DBS panel is going to gain you much, you obviously are flying in an area where your signal is being absorbed by leaves. My recommendation is to enjoy your flights for now and start saving because there's some new and exciting antennas coming for the P3S. The only other thing that's going to help you dramatically right now is to buy the DBS with boosters

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.