ARGTEK antenna installation video reccomendations?

Reaction score
Hi:

Does any ARGTEK user suggest a clear Instructional video on Youtube that teaches you how to install the ARGTEK antenna for P3S

I have seen a few videos but they are blurred when comes to showing you how to connect the cables. Granted it was hard to focus in such short distance, or doing it all by the video maker.

Thanks for your input in advance.

K

Have you bought the ARGTEK yet? If not I would suggest the DBS instead. And I have a link or two for it's install.

I'm also interested in this, the DBS looks awesome but I won't be going massive distance and want to keep the weight down, I've also see the black copy versions of ARGTEK on eBay, are they just as good?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I haven't bought argtek. DBS seems to be assembly intensive which involves drilling which are tools/skills/craft that is beyond my skills. Thats why I chose Argtek. ARGTEK can go to 1.5 miles and DBS wll go even further. I like the DBS results, but labor/skills as well as portability of the unit will become a huge issue for me. I tend to lean upon ARGTEK at the moment.

IMHO, the "skill intensive" part is not the drilling as much as the removing/reinstalling the tiny RF connectors on the PC board. You can easily brick your remote, if you are not careful. :(

IMHO, the "skill intensive" part is not the drilling as much as the removing/reinstalling the tiny RF connectors on the PC board. You can easily brick your remote, if you are not careful. :(
100% agree, it's the wiring with either mod that's the harder part, not drilling three holes in a plastic case.

I haven't bought argtek. DBS seems to be assembly intensive which involves drilling which are tools/skills/craft that is beyond my skills. Thats why I chose Argtek. ARGTEK can go to 1.5 miles and DBS wll go even further. I like the DBS results, but labor/skills as well as portability of the unit will become a huge issue for me. I tend to lean upon ARGTEK at the moment.
First read Techcop's post and my reply to understand your not getting off easy by choosing that mod over the DBS. Also it's the DBS mod that will get you the 1 1/2 miles you talked about, maybe not the other. ARGTEK can be hit or miss from my reads, but the DBS is like 90% positive reviews. If it's the $$ than that's different.

I have an ARGTek mod on my P3S I personally like it much better than stock. I haven't used the DBS so I can't personally tell you which one is better, but I have taken my bird 7,200ft. out with the ARG and still had full bars on RC and Video. Havent had time to max it out but I'm already doubling the distance I got stock. The mod was easy and straight forward and only took about 20 mins to complete. I would highly recomend this mod, but that's again without trying the DBS.

When cutting away the stock glue to change out the antenna wires be VERY careful not to cut or break any soldered connections inside your RC. If you're going to mess up this install its going to be here, so just take your time and be careful and patient. Happy Flying (Further Hopefully)

I have an ARGTek mod on my P3S I personally like it much better than stock. I haven't used the DBS so I can't personally tell you which one is better, but I have taken my bird 7,200ft. out with the ARG and still had full bars on RC and Video. Havent had time to max it out but I'm already doubling the distance I got stock. The mod was easy and straight forward and only took about 20 mins to complete. I would highly recomend this mod, but that's again without trying the DBS.
That's really good, I've only made it to 5600' so far with the DBS. Could have gone farther but got nervous about being a mile away. Also there's a learning curve with the directional characteristic of the DBS, as that was only my second time out with it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's really good, I've only made it to 5600' so far with the DBS. Could have gone farther but got nervous about being a mile away. Also there's a learning curve with the directional characteristic of the DBS, as that was only my second time out with it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I know what you mean, knees started shaking it was intense lol. It is hard keeping the RC pointed at the Bird, thinking about a tripod setup maybe for long distance flights. My furthest was also my second time out lol.

The genuine ARGTEKs are made by BLUE PROTON, they should always be white in color. Black antennas are not.

Are ALL the white ones genuine though, there's so many sellers on ebay it's hard to be sure, as I don't want to buy something duff. Probably end up getting one from amazon so at least it won't be a nightmare to return if anything goes wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik