ARGtec Problems

Reaction score
I have a P3S. I installed the ARGtec antenna extender about a week ago. I am trying it out at the beach. With open unobstructed view, flat terrain I can only get about 900' without losing signal and going into rth. I reseated the plug for the antenna and still terrible range. I got almost 2000' with my stock antenna. Any input would be appreciated.

I have a afterthought....... I am flying about 25 feet from a wifi router in a window...hummmm...could this be the problem? I was expecting at least a mile.

Last edited:
Do a search on argtec from top of page an you'll find tons of posts that will explain every question u could possibly have bout this mod. Good luck

I installed the ARGtek antennas a week or so ago. Unfortunately it did not increase my range I have a P3S, and have been having range problems since new(4 weeks now). I can't figure out whether it's the drone, the firmware, or what. I'm in open desert, and sometimes I get 1,300 feet, and sometimes I get only 450 feet before signal loss. I decided to go back to basics and removed the mod tonight. Don't know if I can get a refund or not. It's been far too windy to fly right now, but maybe tomorrow I'll test it again. . App is at 2.8.2. Just did the update to firmware 1.6.80 tonight. Wish me luck.

I installed the ARGtek antennas a week or so ago. Unfortunately it did not increase my range I have a P3S, and have been having range problems since new(4 weeks now). I can't figure out whether it's the drone, the firmware, or what. I'm in open desert, and sometimes I get 1,300 feet, and sometimes I get only 450 feet before signal loss. I decided to go back to basics and removed the mod tonight. Don't know if I can get a refund or not. It's been far too windy to fly right now, but maybe tomorrow I'll test it again. . App is at 2.8.2. Just did the update to firmware 1.6.80 tonight. Wish me luck.
Have u tried a different remote?

Downgrade the Drone firmware to 1.5.7. There a plenty of post on how to do it. Not that hard and it helps quite a bit.

From my original post do you think that would help my problems? Or could the wifi router could be effecting my signal?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have a P3S. I installed the ARGtec antenna extender about a week ago. I am trying it out at the beach. With open unobstructed view, flat terrain I can only get about 900' without losing signal and going into rth. I reseated the plug for the antenna and still terrible range. I got almost 2000' with my stock antenna. Any input would be appreciated.

I have a afterthought....... I am flying about 25 feet from a wifi router in a window...hummmm...could this be the problem? I was expecting at least a mile.

I had the same results you are getting when I installed my ARGtek extender. My range was around 3400-4000' on stock but when I installed the ARGtek I only got around 1700'. What happened to me was that I did not install the 5.8ghz cable correctly. It looked like it had a good connection visually but I had bent the connector just enough that it didn't get a good connection. I took my RC back apart and re-connected the cable (I heard a definite "snap" this time) and now I'm getting over 2 miles with clear LOS. Hope this helps and good luck.

Have u tried a different remote?
I don't have another RC to try. Also, I read further down this thread where someone had a bad connection or damaged cable. I was very careful when I did the install. I also used a magnifying glass to inspect the connection when installed, and to inspect the connector when I removed them. I could not see any damage. I just flew the drone again this afternoon. It's back in its stock configuration. I was only able to go out 608 feet at 100 feet of altitude. I need more...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues