Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

ARGtec Problems

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Glock4me, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Glock4me

I have a P3S. I installed the ARGtec antenna extender about a week ago. I am trying it out at the beach. With open unobstructed view, flat terrain I can only get about 900' without losing signal and going into rth. I reseated the plug for the antenna and still terrible range. I got almost 2000' with my stock antenna. Any input would be appreciated.

I have a afterthought....... I am flying about 25 feet from a wifi router in a window...hummmm...could this be the problem? I was expecting at least a mile.

#1 Glock4me, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  2. lmayes69

I hear that you may want to isolate the connections using some type of hot glue or silicone..
    I should get mine on wednesday

3. Ohiowoodsman

Do a search on argtec from top of page an you'll find tons of posts that will explain every question u could possibly have bout this mod. Good luck

4. Grandpa Don

I installed the ARGtek antennas a week or so ago. Unfortunately it did not increase my range I have a P3S, and have been having range problems since new(4 weeks now). I can't figure out whether it's the drone, the firmware, or what. I'm in open desert, and sometimes I get 1,300 feet, and sometimes I get only 450 feet before signal loss. I decided to go back to basics and removed the mod tonight. Don't know if I can get a refund or not. It's been far too windy to fly right now, but maybe tomorrow I'll test it again. . App is at 2.8.2. Just did the update to firmware 1.6.80 tonight. Wish me luck.

5. Ohiowoodsman

Have u tried a different remote?

6. Argoxp

Downgrade the Drone firmware to 1.5.7. There a plenty of post on how to do it. Not that hard and it helps quite a bit.

7. Glock4me

From my original post do you think that would help my problems? Or could the wifi router could be effecting my signal?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

8. w5ttx

I had the same results you are getting when I installed my ARGtek extender. My range was around 3400-4000' on stock but when I installed the ARGtek I only got around 1700'. What happened to me was that I did not install the 5.8ghz cable correctly. It looked like it had a good connection visually but I had bent the connector just enough that it didn't get a good connection. I took my RC back apart and re-connected the cable (I heard a definite "snap" this time) and now I'm getting over 2 miles with clear LOS. Hope this helps and good luck.

9. Grandpa Don

I don't have another RC to try. Also, I read further down this thread where someone had a bad connection or damaged cable. I was very careful when I did the install. I also used a magnifying glass to inspect the connection when installed, and to inspect the connector when I removed them. I could not see any damage. I just flew the drone again this afternoon. It's back in its stock configuration. I was only able to go out 608 feet at 100 feet of altitude. I need more...

10. Grandpa Don

Where do I get the 1.5.7 version?

11. Paul Schulze

Phantom help.com

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app