Arghhhh!!! Every part available except.....

Reaction score
You can order just about any part for a Phantom 3. Internally or externally on the unit..... except one. The ESC/mother board mount. It is a plastic cage that surrounds the battery and attaches to the bottom shell. The motherboard mounts to it. I have scoured the internet, forums, classifieds, Ebay, Craigslist. You name it. New, used, damaged, It's **** near impossible to find this one part. You can not get it through DJI. Even a service center will not sell one. I had a crash and did almost no damage except it sheered the pins right off of this mount. It's driving me insane trying to find one. Spending $500. to buy a crashed P3 just to harvest the mount is out of the question. Any leads on where to find one would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sorry, I'm speaking out of ignorance here as I don't know what part you're talking about but you used the term 'sheared' off so can't it be repaired? Never found anything that the right epoxy resin won't rebond, usually stronger than it was originally! Just a thought.

I read on the Internet there are people that are creating parts with 3d printers. Don't know who though.

Sorry, I'm speaking out of ignorance here as I don't know what part you're talking about but you used the term 'sheared' off so can't it be repaired? Never found anything that the right epoxy resin won't rebond, usually stronger than it was originally! Just a thought.

This is the part.
image.jpg
I tried epoxy to reattach the threaded posts but but they are so deformed or broken into pieces the screws won't bite. Each post has a small rubber shock absorber sleeve that slides over them. There is not enough post left for them to fit on.

The only way I have been able to secure the board is by using a small amount of hot glue points on each corner of the motherboard connecting it to the bottom shell. Not a good solution as the vibration of the shell is being transferred directly to the board through the hardened hot glue. The board normally sits suspended on shock absorbers.

You can order just about any part for a Phantom 3. Internally or externally on the unit..... except one. The ESC/mother board mount. It is a plastic cage that surrounds the battery and attaches to the bottom shell. The motherboard mounts to it. I have scoured the internet, forums, classifieds, Ebay, Craigslist. You name it. New, used, damaged, It's **** near impossible to find this one part. You can not get it through DJI. Even a service center will not sell one. I had a crash and did almost no damage except it sheered the pins right off of this mount. It's driving me insane trying to find one. Spending $500. to buy a crashed P3 just to harvest the mount is out of the question. Any leads on where to find one would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Would that part be included when you order a new shell?

Would that part be included when you order a new shell?
No, it's not. I bought a new shell, and although they include new landing struts and a screw package, the cage is not part of the deal. Mine wasn't damaged in my crash, so I just transferred it over. It IS odd that you can't get this particular part separately.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj