Are You Upgrading To Windows 10?!

Most likely, I'll end up waiting a while and seeing what others are experiencing. Before, I simply bought my own copy of the OS Disk and did a clean install, allowing me to retain both versions.

This time, with it being a "free" upgrade, I would lose my Win7 Home Premium on this laptop and Win7 Ultimate on my desktop. Does anyone know if you can roll back to the previous OS if you don't like Win10? Since I have the install disks, I could just wipe the drive and go back manually which with Microsoft's history, would be the most likely route I'd take.

Most likely, I'll end up waiting a while and seeing what others are experiencing. Before, I simply bought my own copy of the OS Disk and did a clean install, allowing me to retain both versions.

This time, with it being a "free" upgrade, I would lose my Win7 Home Premium on this laptop and Win7 Ultimate on my desktop. Does anyone know if you can roll back to the previous OS if you don't like Win10? Since I have the install disks, I could just wipe the drive and go back manually which with Microsoft's history, would be the most likely route I'd take.
BH,
How about just doing a full backup of your system before installing Win10? Then, if for whatever reason you want to go back all ya gotta to is restore the backup. I use Acronis for my backups. That's my game plane anyway. Been meaning to install Win10 but just haven't had the time to get around to it.
BOT

Reactions: BlackHawk388
BH,
How about just doing a full backup of your system before installing Win10? Then, if for whatever reason you want to go back all ya gotta to is restore the backup. I use Acronis for my backups. That's my game plane anyway. Been meaning to install Win10 but just haven't had the time to get around to it.
BOT

I love Acronis True Image. I'm still on version 9.1 though. I may have to upgrade.

This is a very good point, BOT. I'm just not thinking that far into it yet because I'm at least a month off before I upgrade my laptop and then, if I like it on my laptop, I'll do the desktop. Still, it wouldn't be hard to use ATI 9.1 on this Win7 machine and send the image to my NAS.

Good food for thought. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
I don't have enough patience for Windows 8 on up...

Smashed-computer.jpg

Windows 10? I'm running Windows 7 and have no desire to downgrade... :):):)

-slinger

I don't have enough patience for Windows 8 on up...

Smashed-computer.jpg

Windows 10? I'm running Windows 7 and have no desire to downgrade... :):):)

-slinger
Hey Slinger...
Knock Knock.gif

You alright in there ?
Slinger you there bro ?
Ohhh Slinger.................

Man, if only developers would make all these killer apps for Linux.....
It's a FREE OS....

oh wait !!!!

I upgraded desktop last night. It says I have 30 days to revert back to Win 8. Got my new key using magic jellybean key finder app, then wiped drive and did a clean install. Works great! Reinstalling my programs now. Waiting on notification on laptop to upgrade it.

When you upgrade to Windows 10, the upgrade process creates a folder with your old version of windows on so that you can revert back. After 30 days, that folder is deleted.

My upgrade on my home PC and my laptop was easy, all applications and data transferred over without any issues.

Mostly, it just feels like Microsoft couldn't make up their mind between Windows 7 and Windows 8. Now, with Windows 10, you can choose which one you want (and I didn't have any problems with Windows 8.1, you could use Desktop or Start Screen as you wanted).

Damnit. Some of you folks are making me want to jump right in with my Laptop just to experience this new stuff.

Must. Stay. Away. Jim!

It's good to know we can scramble back out, if the water is too cold...

RedHotPoker

7 is working fine for me.

If they want me to upgrade to 10, they're going to have to give me a reason to upgrade to 10. I don't want my stuff starting to lag because they blew their wad on some intensive visual effects and OS overhead.

I've seen 8 and I don't get it. It feels like it's designed for tablets and cell phones - and it's a pain to use on an actual laptop/computer.

I agree, bought this awesome new computer, with a Windows version
I hate using, W8. Now 10 is here, should I upgrade? I think I'll wait untill they work out the beginner bugs. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Hi, yes it was an interesting article, thanks for sharing it.
Some great tips to keep your privacy, and stop Microsoft from storing your personal and confidential info, as Google has been doing, for several years.
Thanks again, have a great week.

RedHotPoker

Hi, yes it was an interesting article, thanks for sharing it.
Some great tips to keep your privacy, and stop Microsoft from storing your personal and confidential info, as Google has been doing, for several years.
Thanks again, have a great week.

RedHotPoker

You're welcome. You too.

Correct about Google. Seems like MS is taking it to a new level though.

Another digital invasion, I am hesitant to believe this iPad Air 2 thumb reader info, is stored solely/only on this device. And not in some huge data base of personal information. We are already being tracked any moment we leave our homes by security and traffic cameras situated everywhere. All business establishments, even places we go out to eat. I hate it, but live with it, what else can one do, become a hermit crab?

See you in the news, if you are a decent enough drone pilot... ;-)

RecHotPoker

Last edited:
I registered last night, waiting for the invitation to upgrade. Still a bit hesitant, but not too concerned, I did set a restore point.

Ok,
A day later, and still no Widows 10 welcome mat.
It may take them a while, to go over my 'puter, and see what I'll need. ;-)
Analyze my RealFlight SIM...
I found the tiny W10 icon on my desktop. It loaded in about 40minutes.
Now I need to turn off all of the invasive software. Including Cortana.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik