Are you STUPID enough to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHH, No.

It almost looked like he was setting/squatting down,,, I would think that if you want to hand catch, you walk to the hovering phantom, not bring it towards you..

djl

Yea, due to the distance up his forearm seems like maybe he tried from the top.

Prop guards may have given [false] sense of security too.

cruz_ctrl said:

imo, catching your phantom is simple, safe and recommended.
quote]

Oh REALLY?

Your choice but IMO its just showing off and its a copy cat thing. Others see you do it and think its cool and then do the same thing themselves and perhaps injure themselves because you did it. Not very bright - is it?

Showing off? I have used %100 hand catch after 1st flight.

If done properly it is safe.

Most of my flights are where no person sees me do this...So I'm not showing off, just preventing undue damage to quad.

Damon said:

Most of my flights are where no person sees me do this...So I'm not showing off, just preventing undue damage to quad.

I agree with Damon. After my first couple of flights, ALL of my return flights end with a hand catch. Safe and secure if done properly. Not showing off at all.

Damon said:

There is always a counter view and no offence intended - I am playing devils advocate.

Perhaps if you flew and learnt to land properly you would not cause damage to the quad. ;)

DaveTown said:
Damon said:

I agree with Damon. After my first couple of flights, ALL of my return flights end with a hand catch. Safe and secure if done properly. Not showing off at all.

I reckon it will happen once in your lifetime though. Its inevitable - what do you reckon?

I guess we agree to disagree.

deltamike said:
Damon said:

There is always a counter view and no offence intended - I am playing devils advocate.

Perhaps if you flew and learnt to land properly you would not cause damage to the quad. ;)

If you are playing devil's advocate, why have a drone at all? It has nothing to do with landing properly....it has to do with a choice. I choose to hand catch.

deltamike said:
DaveTown said:
Damon said:

I reckon it will happen once in your lifetime though. Its inevitable - what do you reckon?

I reckon that catching your quad is not nearly as dangerous as driving your car, and in 32 years of driving, I've never been hurt in my car. But thats just me. Perhaps if you think that it's inevitable that you will be hurt landing in this fashion, you're not careful enough in your technique.

If I recall, the Phantom in the video also had carbon fibre props. You wouldn't get that nasty an injury from the standard plastic props, I don't believe.

I don't hand catch, myself, but I do see it's advantages. There has been a time or two when I thought my Phantom was down clean and safe... and it flipped over at the last minute. Especially when landing on grass. I've since moved to a solid material landing pad.

deltamike said:
Oh REALLY?
Your choice but IMO its just showing off and its a copy cat thing. Others see you do it and think its cool and then do the same thing themselves and perhaps injure themselves because you did it. Not very bright - is it?

YES .. really.
Nothing to do with showing off and it is quite bright.
Nothing dumb about it at all.

I know it's not my place to say but do we really need another one of these threads?

It will never be more than yeas vs. nays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31