Are you kidding me...

tanasit said:
It can not use the 120V AC outlet, so you will need the DC 12-15V power supply.
The alligator clips you see in the picture go to the battery posts and the other connector go to the Fat Shark battery adapter.
If you use the desk top power supply, you may have to use the banana plugs in place of the clips unless your unit has the connectors for the clips.

Not sure what that means, but I already bought the two items linked to me, so I really hope they work.............................

Wtf what a headache. 45 days to ship. That doesn't sound like the USA warehouse. Wtf. That's not going to work. So tired of this....

You have to choose which warehouse you purchase from, otherwise the default is Hong Kong. Live and learn, I did the same thing.........once. And this is why I said this on post #11;

"yep, it needs a 12v power supply, most people use car battery (at the field). I've been buying from this place for years, shipping is slow out of China, but you can choose the USA warehouse, price is a little higher, but you get it in three day vs three weeks.
Check out their battery prices, plus they sell Fat Shark items too"

Wildernessmedic, what city are you in? It sounds as though your learning as you go and it can be VERY frustrating. I'm willing to find a local hobby shop in your area and find what you need. Just trying to help.

I read that and tried. There were no selections for warehouse. All I could do is switch between shop USA and shop Hong Kong. Which I did.

I live between sacramento and San fransisco. My partner said there's an rc shop in sac, but idk if they carry what I need. Hell. I still don't even know what I need. Ok I do but not specifically what to ask for...

Take your battery in question along with you, they should know all this stuff (its their job). They might even have a version of the one from hobby king (more money). Tell them what your intensions are ( to recharge battery) and they should be able to set you up for under $35.00.

Wildernessmedic said:
I live between sacramento and San fransisco. My partner said there's an rc shop in sac, but idk if they carry what I need. Hell. I still don't even know what I need. Ok I do but not specifically what to ask for...

Call them first, ask if they sell battery chargers for rc's. Its not specifically what your battery is for that's important, its the number of cells and its capacity ("C" rating and milliamps), and that will dictate which charger will work for you based on the price you want to spend.
The battery you have is used in a ton of rc applications, ....small planes, helicopters, boats, cars, etc. not just for the fat shark. I haven't seen your battery, but from what you said, its a common pack.
And if you get lucky enough, the salesman can show you how to hook it up and use it.

One more thing to ask you, what are you flying with FPV, a Phantom 1? If so, you may be able to use the Phantom charger, let me check the specs. on it.

your factory charger would not work. But if you had a Phantom 1 charger, it would do it with a simple adapter. :roll:
So back to the basics, find a local hobby shop. You did not specify where you are (that's fine), but I did a google search in the general area between Sacr. and San Fran. and found a few hobby shops. So search away, and any more questions post away. ;)

Sorry. I'm near Fairfield. Ill do what you suggested and bring my battery in tomorrow after work since I'm in sacramento anyway.

I just looked at the fat Shark battery and noticed it has a unique plug on the end to supply power to the goggles, not a problem, but they will have to sell you a "balance charger" instead of a normal lipo charger. The difference is, the balance charger will charger and balance both cells through the balance lead (white flat connector), as where a basic charger will charge through the discharge lead of the battery (on yours, this is the round connecter and not common). the $5 charger type is a balance charger and the store should have a selection of these for you. So ask for a balance charger. Sorry to ramble on, hope you score.

I have just read the first page of your problem and not gone to all the answers. If you have a charger for your main battery's then why can you not use that, I presume that you can adjust the charge rate for different size batteries that you use, If you can not do this then the best bet is to get one, and also look at one that can charge more than one battery at a time at different rates, at the same time look at a 12v mains power unit of about 20 to 30amps output, this way you are able to charge everything at home and in the field, as you said you have spent a lot of money so far, shame to muck it up on not having a good charging system, a good model shop would help if they sell R/C car's and helicopter's. everybody seems to rely on Hong Kong for part's when the local hobby shop can be just as good, any problem's at least you are seeing what you are getting and if it break's you can phone or take it back.

reALIGNed said:
I just looked at the fat Shark battery and noticed it has a unique plug on the end to supply power to the goggles, not a problem, but they will have to sell you a "balance charger" instead of a normal lipo charger. The difference is, the balance charger will charger and balance both cells through the balance lead (white flat connector), as where a basic charger will charge through the discharge lead of the battery (on yours, this is the round connecter and not common). the $5 charger type is a balance charger and the store should have a selection of these for you. So ask for a balance charger. Sorry to ramble on, hope you score.
You're not rambling I appreciate it. The more info the better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic