Are we due for a Vision+ Replacement?

Reaction score
The Vision was released 10/30/2013 and the Vision+ 24 weeks later on 4/15/2014. Based on that schedule, the Vision+ replacement should be about 5 weeks from now!

Rumors?

What will be included in the new model?

More advanced version of Ground Station with WP Circling and?????

Light Bridge 1080P or 720P built in, or at least improved FPV standard?

Improved Camera with 120P fps, improved exposure control (eliminate the step-jumping particularly noticeable in beach scenes), lens options.....less wide angle distortion interchangeable lens/telephoto?

Strengthened Gimbal?

Improved Controller with thumb wheel control of yaw, horizontal tracking, gimbal tilt?

WP circling around a fixed point of interest MUST be in the next iteration of Ground Station. Just the real estate industry alone would benefit greatly from this feature. You should also be able to implement this feature while the Phantom is randomly flying around --- for example if you are in a large field and suddenly spot a herd of deer on your FPV screen --- tap the "Instant Circling" feature in the app and it records video in a smooth circle around those critters so you can enjoy watching them back home on your big-screen TV.

I also think real-time GPS coordinates should be displayed and recorded in the Vision app. That would help a lot of people locate their Phantom if it suddenly goes down in thick brush or tall grass but still has battery power to transmit GPS coordinates. They could even install a small backup battery that only functions to transmit GPS coordinates up to 24 hrs. so you can have enough time to search for your Phantom --- like the next day if your unit goes down around dusk and it's too dark to search for it right away. I think even a loud (>90dB) alarm sound that could be triggered by the Tx would help locate a downed Phantom.

Last, I'd like to see a larger and more versatile mount for extra antennas, booster amps, multiple phones and small tablets.

I'd also like to see a 4K camera and interchangeable lens but I think this won't be available for another 2-3 years.

MadMitch88 said:
I'd also like to see a 4K camera and interchangeable lens but I think this won't be available for another 2-3 years.

The "4k camera" part at least is available now in the form of the GoPro. The GoPro Black will shoot 4k video. Only at 15 frames/sec, admittedly, but it will do it.

Do you really think there's a big market for 4k video? Personally I only ever shoot at 1080 - I just don't see the point of 2.7k or 4k unless you plan on cropping the frame in post processing.

HarryT said:
MadMitch88 said:

The "4k camera" part at least is available now in the form of the GoPro. The GoPro Black will shoot 4k video. Only at 15 frames/sec, admittedly, but it will do it.

Do you really think there's a big market for 4k video? Personally I only ever shoot at 1080 - I just don't see the point of 2.7k or 4k unless you plan on cropping the frame in post processing.

I dont think there's a big market in 2014 for 4K video --- but technology never slows down and I've already seen affordable 4K TV sets at Best Buy and Sam's Club for under $3,000.

I believe a good 4K camera with improved gimbal and maybe even zoom-enabled would produce spectacular aerial footage!

MadMitch88 said:
HarryT said:
MadMitch88 said:

I dont think there's a big market in 2014 for 4K video --- but technology never slows down and I've already seen affordable 4K TV sets at Best Buy and Sam's Club for under $3,000.

I believe a good 4K camera with improved gimbal and maybe even zoom-enabled would produce spectacular aerial footage!

I suspect the 4k issue is a little like chicken and eggs. You need to content to drive the flat screen demand and you need the flat screen to drive the demand for video. I've seen some of those 4k sets and I would buy one if I had some content....like from my own aerial videos!

Haha will you stop thinking about 4k! The next phantom may have retractable legs, a stronger gimbal and maybe just maybe a 16mp camera but thats a big push. Dont be expecting anything that you get in a rig that costs $10k

Phantom 3 features wishlist :D
* Automatic compass calibration (happens when engines are fired up or turned on)
* Anti-Collision
* folds up for easy transportation (like the Metro in Montreal),
* Text display on drone and remote instead of cryptic lights
* DropSafe (DJI announced it for its S800 series)
* 4K video recording on the top of the line model and a 1080p & 10MP still camera on the lowest end of the line.
* Costs $350-$2000 depending on the camera and battery size.
* Flight recorder (for service calls etc.)
* Range extender built into the remote.
* Tablet holder (remote can be split so the tablet is in the middle like the future Bebop drone of Parrot.)
* Modular in design, (no tools needed for installation of Lightbridge, gimbals, Cameras)
* 3rd party integrated camera options.
* Firmware updates via Wi-Fi (no computer needed)

Would like a mini-version for indoor use.

I think an option to "lock" into a particular reference point that allows the drone and camera to maintain a constant view of whatever you desire. Like if I'm out offshore fishing, send it in the air lock on to the boat and allow the drone to parallel it while filming. Just click on the viewer what you want to focus on and wallah!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31