Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. 30secs

Is this our new home? Do you think there are p1/2 or phantom-less members here? I think we've taken over.

2. Shammyh

I have a P2V+ (modified w/ H4-3D + GP H4 Black), but also a P3P.

Nothing beats Lightbridge and the SDK for the P3P is pretty superb, yet somehow, I still feel like I love my P2V+ a little bit more.

I guess you never forget your first.... Oh and about 100 flights on each bird and almost zero issues, certainly zero major issues. :)

Dirty Bird likes this.
  3. CptPhantomFlyAway

ha yup you see me trollin. jk i just want to live vicariously with the chosen ones, ya know the testers

4. Mark The Droner

I'm the fly in the ointment.

5. CptPhantomFlyAway

yes we need to takeover, command and conquer
    upload_2016-3-1_19-14-28.jpeg

6. alokbhargava

Not yet bought P4.

7. Mario_SB

Pretty much...lol

8. fhagan02

Yep... P3P. And still plan on being one in the future. If you've not seen this already it's worth taking a look. Pretty much summed up my decision to forego the purchase of a P4 to replace my P3P.

Feeling bad about your Phantom 3? read this!

Mario_SB likes this.
  9. Mario_SB

I think it's worth the wait before pulling the trigger on a new P4. If you really have that kind of money burning on a hole in your pocket then perhaps upgrading to newer high-end 4K editing machine would be the wiser investment. Just sayin'...

fhagan02 likes this.
  10. fhagan02

Ditto that. I'm mulling over purchasing a 12-core processor tray to upgrade my Mac Pro tower. $1600...ouch.

Mario_SB likes this.
  11. Mario_SB

Wow! Congrats... that's a serious rig but I bet your 4K editing will be as smooth as butter. 4K video loves RAM... try springing for 32gigs if possible... gulp!! :/

12. ChaneRZ

Yup P3 coz waiting for P4 to arrive.

13. fhagan02

Ok.... geek talk. I have 32GB of RAM so I'm good. Even while editing 4K my system seldom uses more than about 25GBs tops. (On average it chews at around 15-18GBs.) The problem is it's only a single quad-core processor. That said, it's a 3.2GHz processor so it's a beast.... but still a single processor. About 6 months ago I first noticed how dreadfully slow the computer had become. Not surprising as App updates are bigger. Plugin updates are bigger. The OS is bigger. Everything has become a processor/RAM hog! So... I did some upgrades. The first and best thing I did was purchase an SSD PCIe slot hard drive. Used to take about 2.5 minutes, from a cold boot up, before everything was loaded and ready for work. Now it takes about 35 seconds. Photoshop launches and is ready for work in just under 5 seconds now. Incredible. Second thing was the Graphics Card. I bought the Nvidia GeForce GTX-680 4GB card off Ebay. Playback and video rendering is now fantastic. So... the dual 6-core processor is what's next.

Mario_SB likes this.
  14. Mario_SB

Editing 4k is a pain in the *** on my 2015 Macbook Pro i5 with a measly 8GB. To be honest I have to convert my 4K to to 1080p just so that I can do some decent editing.

fhagan02 likes this.
  15. izzydrone

yup im a p3 owner, and love it, I'm keeping it as a back up, and have the p4 on the way. i also have a inspire pro.... which i only fly for commercial or jobs that pay enough to cover the risk or something happening to it.

ps. i5 with 64gb of ram is enough for final cut, but not for premiere.... need i7 for that. (always use solid state externals if you use a external... mic drop)

16. articandy

Just take another look at the flight videos on the Dji p3p website it confirmed for me that I'm sticking with the 3! It's amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app