Are we a vocal minority or is there a major issue?

Reaction score
I and many others have had issues with our new P2V falling from the sky.

Is there a flaw with them or are we a small minority and on this forum to ask for help?

Has anyone received any feedback from DJI? Their dealer?

I am afraid to fly mine since my first one fell from the sky. Mine was at 60% battery and then went to 0% in seconds. It started to spiral and then dove straight down about 300 feet. The camera broke off and a few props snapped. I was able to fly it fine afterwards, so I do not think it was a bad motor. Luckily, B&H replaced it for free.

Not sure what to do. Fly? Ground my P2V?

Tom

...self-deploying parachute - I like that, lol!

Anyone who suffers spin-out's, fly-away's, low-battery warnings (~55% rem), no-battery (0% rem) warnings, and their ensuing RTH's, sky-drop's, and crashes should file reports to both their dealer & DJI to notify them formally & make them aware of the issues. Also provide them with what version firmware you're running, and serial numbers of PV, TX, & Battery if you've got them handy.

OEM's cannot ignore multiple reports of same or similar issues. I just named four issues that have been reported on this forum countless times, but if they don't get the data (from your reports) they can feign " there's insufficient data or cause to merit investigation".

Here's a link to DJI's "Report a Problem" portal:
http://www.dji.com/tech-support/report-problem/

iDrone

First to see if the issues are caused by the producer or by the user.

My first PV had problems with the app and they gave me a new one but not many people report this problem on forums so it is not a major issue for most people.
I also wonder why people have a crash when they had a full battery. I always learned to not go lower then 20% with a lipo battery otherwise you have a cell drop out during flight and it will crash before you know it even the battery was charged again. Dji tells other information with there battery but still has got a battery alert at 15% but at home you can still use it if you don´t have patience to charge it first. I would advice DJI to update the PV to shut down the machine when the voltage is too low after a landing and let the software to do a discharge to 8% for a better batterylife once in a while.

A multirotor is still not a toy and if you use if correctly, then it should fly well after the updates. DJI was too early to release the PV in my opinion but there are updates available now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic