Are Two 2.4Ghz Boosters Needed?

Reaction score
I plan to add a 2.4 amp to my P3S along with a 5.8 amp. My question is do I need two 2.4 amps, one for each 2.4 antenna?
Later Note: As Birds stated in a later response to this post the two 2.4 controller antenna ports are a form of complex switching which leads me to believe if one of the two 2.4 antenna ports is left open it may be harmful to the controllers 2.4ghz radio.

Last edited:
You do not need 2. The antennas work on a diversity system so which ever has the stronger signal is going to be the one that's used. So having 2 booster is not crucial.

Using only one 2.4ghz antenna port on a P3S controller with a booster isn't it possible under the right conditions with the AC close to the controller that the controller could try to transmit on the second unused antenna port because it just happens to receive a better signal. In this case wouldn't it be advantageous to put a dummy load or keep an antenna on the unused port? Obviously others using only one antenna do not have any issues????
Thanks ALL for any input.

I ran 2 amps for a while, one 5.8 and one 2.4. Finally bought another 2.4 and run 3. It helps some for penetration and it gives me a " that's all that can be done" feeling.

Hummmm....
That's what is confusing to me. Under normal radio signal conditions there can not be two 2.4ghz signals transmitting on the same frequency and at the same time without interfering with each other. Are both 2.4 antenna ports doing some kind of high speed switching?

Last edited:
Hummmm....
That's what is confusing to me. Under normal radio signal conditions there can not be two 2.4ghz signals transmitting on the same frequency and at the same time without interfering with each other. Are both 2.4 antenna ports doing some kind of high speed switching?
It's complex switching alriight. This is more in the realm of mathematics and DSP than basic RF theory, Google MIMO and OFDM for a clear idea of what is going on.

Hey sorry to bump in new to site never done a thread before I just seen DJI 3 help I need help with my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus not connecting to my DJI Phantom 3 professional I tried everything I seen the other people said their phone works I tried debugging turning fast charge off free downloading app DJI go I don't know what to do

Hey sorry to bump in new to site never done a thread before I just seen DJI 3 help I need help with my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus not connecting to my DJI Phantom 3 professional I tried everything I seen the other people said their phone works I tried debugging turning fast charge off free downloading app DJI go I don't know what to do
There are quite a few threads on this issue on the forum- a simple search query will get you what you need.

Bird, That's exactly what I thought. So people that only use one booster leaving the other 2.4 antenna port open would be harmful to the controller's transmitter wouldent it???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers