Are tops shells same in p1 and p2?

Reaction score
Hey guys im wanting to convert my p1 into a1.5,and have found a bottom shell on ebay,but do i need to buy a p2 top shell also,or can i use the old one from my phantom 1?

You can use them interchangeably, the only difference in the lids is a few extra vent holes in each arm on the P2 version. The top lid in this pic is from a P1, bottom is from a P2:

NyTOwWtl.jpg

Landing gear off the P1 will also work on the P2 shell .

Hspain16 said:
OI Photography said:
Absolutely, feel free!
Will the p2 battery still fit if i mount the led module in the front/rear above the usb plug thing?

I haven't tried that arrangement but it should work, when you get the P2 shell you'll be able to see the edge in the back end of the battery bay where the battery stops.

The P2 is a little confusing for those coming from the P1....the battery bay now opens to the rear of the Phantom, so if you put the LED in the spot you would described that would actually be the front :)

Very much ,think ive got all my stuff on its way,but im trying to think of something to build/use as battery door.any ideas?
,i know d3wey has some on shapeways,but ive already spent way too much ..Seems like thats been very easy since owning a phantom. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr