Are these ND filters good?

His came with fingerprints on them... I have a set that are perfect.. Go figure..

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

I know very little about filters so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I'm in the UK so in general, and like elheapo, I'm fighting cloudy sky's and in general, lower brightness conditions. I also like to fly early morning and late evenings as the colours here are a little richer. From what I've read, lower ND numbers appear more appropriate to these conditions. Is that right? For example 4 and 8 appear useful. . For the odd day with blazing sunshine would the other useful filter be a 16? I'm not contemplating shooting babbling brooks or waterfalls much so achieving the gorgeous blurry effect isn't high on my list. Having said this, would the 16 be able to achieve this? Finally, given the conditions I've outlined, is there any benefit in higher ND filters or even a polarising filter?

One thing I would say, I hugely improved performance of the stock dji camera on the P3P by following the guidelines on Tom's Tech Time. That was a tip from another member - thank you. The difference in the video in particular was amazing after the tweaks.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

From what I've read, lower ND numbers appear more appropriate to these conditions. Is that right? For example 4 and 8 appear useful.
Most people need an ND8 or ND16 for normal daylight conditions. Here's a good guide to follow:

P3-Polar-Pro-Filter-Chart.png

Reactions: movius

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31