Are there Test Procedures for the WIFI Module?

Reaction score
I can no longer connect to the camera except to bind to it and to move the gimble via my new radio controller. I've done every software reset I know and I've run the advanced IMU check several times. At first I thought the problem was the range extender so I bought a new one but the problem is the same. This got me thinking that somewhere there must be a comprehensive troubleshooting guide complete with voltages and pin-outs. After all if I need to replace the wifi module inside the bird, before I do so, I would like to know for sure that mine has a problem. Since I already upgraded the motors and escs and bought a new extender, and controller I'm getting dangerously close to the financial tipping point with this thing. Are there test procedures that will isolate the problem?

One other thing, is it possible to uninstall and re-install the wifi module software? Right now I have the latest version and it wont let me re-install it.

Are you saying that you cant get a feed from the camera on your app.

What Phone are you using and what app version have you got.

Also have you recently updated the camera firmware.

If your using Android 1.0.56 try going back to 1.0.54,

if your using Iphone then you cant downgrade unless you have a backup copy of your phone. try an android phone with 1.054 on it

The advice is this, if your using the latest Iphone, then update the camera firmware to 1.30

crash1sttime said:
Are you saying that you cant get a feed from the camera on your app.

What Phone are you using and what app version have you got.

Also have you recently updated the camera firmware.

If your using Android 1.0.56 try going back to 1.0.54,

if your using Iphone then you cant downgrade unless you have a backup copy of your phone. try an android phone with 1.054 on it

The advice is this, if your using the latest Iphone, then update the camera firmware to 1.30

I have an Android with 1.0.56 and an IPod with 1.0.46. Where can I get the older Android app?

DJI has firmware fix that is suppose to be out Monday morning.

flyNfrank said:
DJI has firmware fix that is suppose to be out Monday morning.
I am going to be really pissed if this ends up being their fault.

I posted yesterday same problem can control gimble get all info to phone but no video or pictures.

Did you do the wiki bind?
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... e_Extender
You can also download a wifi analyser from the android play store and scan for the hidden mac address. Scribble it down and punch the last 6 characters manually in the DJI app.

However,
There is a wifi test that I do. I pull the 3 cables back in and plug the widest wifi module cable back into the CAM port on the phantom main board. What does this do? It simply bypass the gimbal board that powers up the wifi module. Using an Android and the DJI APP, you should get NO FPV, no SD card but the rest of the telemetry should work. If you see telemetry, then you are binded. What this means is that the camera/gimbal board could be fried and not "bridging" the power to the wifi module.

The second test is to do with the wifi overheating issue. I try running the FPV at 640x480@30FPS and see how far I can go. If you get 640x480@30fps in an open field, then your wifi is decent. Its not the best test, but I know I had wifi module that could not output to 640x480@30fps at all. I would just get black screen no matter the version of the DJI app.

Mako79 said:
Did you do the wiki bind?
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... e_Extender
You can also download a wifi analyser from the android play store and scan for the hidden mac address. Scribble it down and punch the last 6 characters manually in the DJI app.

However,
There is a wifi test that I do. I pull the 3 cables back in and plug the widest wifi module cable back into the CAM port on the phantom main board. What does this do? It simply bypass the gimbal board that powers up the wifi module. Using an Android and the DJI APP, you should get NO FPV, no SD card but the rest of the telemetry should work. If you see telemetry, then you are binded. What this means is that the camera/gimbal board could be fried and not "bridging" the power to the wifi module.

The second test is to do with the wifi overheating issue. I try running the FPV at 640x480@30FPS and see how far I can go. If you get 640x480@30fps in an open field, then your wifi is decent. Its not the best test, but I know I had wifi module that could not output to 640x480@30fps at all. I would just get black screen no matter the version of the DJI app.

This is good stuff. I have no problem binding but no telemetry or video. I will wait for the new app as stated in a previous post and if that doesn't work I will then try 'the wifi test' you describe.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic